Trying to wrap my head around this, not sure if I can.........(tmi?)

I am/was 7 wks preg. On Sat I started spotting, by Sunday I was having full period bleeding and knew I was m/c. This is not the first time I have m/c so I know the signs. I went to the dr this morning, he checked me and said yes you are. He sent me fo an u/s to make sure it had all absorbed. The u/s tech found a baby with a healthy beating heart. I called Dr back. He said go home, lay down, come see me Thurs we will run your hcgs again. Could I really be losing that baby right now? I am dropping clots and still bleeding like a period. But that baby looked so good and the tech said it looked pretty secure. Yes I did ask this question similarly before but I am having a REALLY tough night and no one to talk to (dh doesn't get it) and really want to hear if anyone else has anyideas or been here?? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is always possible to miscarry a twin! I have heard numerous stories of when a woman thought she completely miscarried, but still had a healthy baby :) I know that with my ectopic pregnany, they found TWO sacks. I still wonder to myself if it was too soon to say that the sack in my uterus was "nothing/not going to survive" :( But that is another story... sorry. B ack on track. I would wait to go to the doctor on Thurs :) Yes you probably did miscarry, but didn't miscarry the healthy fetus :) HTH
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 10:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Maybe you were pregnant with multiples and are miscarrying one? I dont know, sorry you are going through this...
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 10:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• the previous ones said exactly what I was thinking. Could have been twins and you lost one. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Thanks Ya'll. All I keep seeing in front of me is that black and grey heart beat pounding away and allI I keep thinking is that baby is dying inside of me right now. Am I being melodramatic. I haven't said that to anyone because I think I sound a little crazy!

Anonymous

• I bledlike that with one of my pregnancies and they found a subchorionic hemorrhage. A blood clot at the edge of the placenta, but it never did affect the pregnancy and I carried to term. They had to do ultrasounds every week to measure it and it slowly disolved and shrunk till about 14 weeks it was completely gone. Wait till Thursday, rest as much as possible till then. And if you have miscarried before, and havent been tested for a progesterone deficiency I would maybe see if they can test for that also while you are geting your blood taken anyway. I lost 3 before they found out that was why. Good Luck! After seeing the strong heartbeat even with bleeding the chances go way down of another loss, but still be cautious.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• When I was 8 weeks I started bleeding and passing blood clots I went to the dr and on the ultrasound my baby had a heart beat and looked healthy I bleed for 2 MONTHS after that I have been on bed rest ever since and I am now 29 weeks but they are concered and can't figure out what hass caused all these problem they ran test after test and now the only thing they can come with is that I was pg with twins and one didnt make out of my tubes and I lost that one but so far my son is looking good so hanag in there you should be okay.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2009