okay so my daughter is going to be 7 weeks on wed. and it seems like shes constantly spitting up. Like not just small amounts. I know she's getting plenty of food into her tummy but I'm just wondering if it could be something more serious since it seems to happen so much

loves_her_baby

Asked by loves_her_baby at 10:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is she overeating? try to make smaller bottles and see if that satisfies her. if my daughter was full and the bottle still had formula in it she kept on eating and would end up spitting up. if that doesn't work than i would give her doctor a call, i did this as an infant (at about 5 months) and had to have intestinal surgery b/c my intestines were intertwined too much. and it was affecting my digestion
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I t could be reflux, is she growing? is it every feed? how often after you feed her these are all things you need to ask your self while determing if it is reflux. I have a baby who is now 14 months old who had severe reflux and She has to have surgery when she was 4 months old after we had tried everything to keep her from spitting up. So if you want to know ways to minimize the problem you can message me and ask.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• As long as she is growing and putting on weight I wouldn't worry. Talk to her doctor at her next checkup! My second spit up volumes every single time he nursed. It was constant and I was always a mess. He just spit up (well he was colicky too). Your doctor should be able to set your mind at ease.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• We are breastfeeding and she eats about every two hours. Shes growing great and is very well fed. She was born nine pounds six ounces and she is now almost 15. and it usually only happens during the day to late evening. When we are laying down to sleep she doesnt seem to spit up at all.
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 10:56 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• my daughter does this as well. She never seems to be in pain, she just spits up a lot. My doctor said some times you get a baby that spits up a lot. Like yours she does not do it at night when she sleeps.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I breastfeed too. My youngest seems to spit up more than I'm used too. I took her to the chiropractor and she spits up less. I think she may have a touch of reflux. Also I noticed she spits up more when I eat wheat
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• this happened with my daughter and I talked to the doc. and they said it was acid reflux, and they gave her meds for it, but she has grown out of it now she no longer spits up she is 10 and a half months now, so it will pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If shes growing im sure shes fine. My 4 month old still spits up. Well less than before because hes eating cereal and solids now, which helps a lot holding the formula down. My doctor says that it should go away by 6 months. And my mom says that that just means your going to have a healthy and happy chunky baby =)
    JC24

Answer by JC24 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2009