12 year old traffic ticket in NC comming back to haunt me help!

I got a $90 ticket in NC in 1997 I was young and blew it off, I have renewed my license in my state twice since the incident and now its comming back to haunt me. NC DMV has no record of the ticket or me for that matter. Im not sure what to do, anyone from NC out there that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm confused. What do you mean its coming back to haunt you? Usually there is a "due date" on tickets and if you don't pay up by that date, there is a warrant for your arrest. I am surprised you were able to renew your license 2 times and they wouldn't have seen that you have a warrant. Have you been pulled over since that ticket? It should have shown up that you had a warrant as well. ???
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If they have no record of you or the ticket, how do you know that it's the reason you are having a problem now? It may be something else. I have had cross state license issues before. You need to contact your local DMV and they should be able to direct you in the right direction for whatever the issue may be. I don't think it's that ticket, because you would have been sitting in jail with no license by now trust me!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• If anything, if you never paid the ticket.....I don't see how they did not see that and you have renewed your license twice......you have the proof via the license.

I would call the DMV as the other poster had said and see what is the trouble.

The only way they could get you is if you failed to maintain insurance, which I did many years ago, forgetting I had only paid for a 6 month premium and was shocked to learn when I went to RENEW, after that year my license was suspended. The State did not find me as I had moved several times, out of State. Dumb me did that twice in 5 yrs!

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2009