why do people think stay at home moms have it easy? They obviously have never spent more than a few hours at a time with there kids!! Do you fill you get no respsct from working mothers or others who do notstay at home??

twinchasermom

Asked by twinchasermom at 11:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Parenting

• I always worked two jobs until I became a mother and now I am stay at home. It was so much easier to work two jobs. I have to say I have the most respect for single mothers doing it all. I don't know how those ladies do it.
    Anonymous

• By the looks of your post you sound just as judgemental as the ones you complain about......I have done both and either way I BUST MY ASS. I am offended about your comment saying working moms hardly see their kids. I work 12 hour days to keep us above water, and I work a 2nd job!! I still take time out to be with my children. The bottom line is we do what we have to do to take care of our children whether it be working 2 jobs or staying home and providing a structured day for our children.
    I don't feel right passing judgement on either one.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I have to disagree it is MUCH easier to stay at home and care for your children and keep your house clean and organised and dinner on the table. I work full time plus do all those things a stay at home mom has to do.... my kids are grown except for my youngest and I have had to do it all, it is basicallyone job VS 2 jobs..... both are jobs that need to be done and I have always worked while my kids were at school.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I guess I get irked because as much as I know its work to take care of family and home, working outside the home is double duty and I would have loved to have the chance to have one job VS two jobs......And I think if you can AFFORD to stay home, then do it with a good attitude instead of a whinny attitude because those of us who are working and taking care of the kids and the home and work are TIRED and we really are happy for you that you stay home but we do not feel sorry for you. And no one raised my children but me and my husband and there was NEVER daycare involved to take care of my children....I stayed at home with them until they went to school, so I RAISED my children.
    tyme4me2day

• I think both are hard work and I think no one should give a shit or judge or care what others do I can AFFORD to stay home and then some and I'm happy and thankful that I can
    Anonymous

• confusedThere is no reason to get anger over this question. I Don't think you understand were i'm coming from up until feb. of this year i worked a full time job at times i worked two. my oldest child is almost seven so i know how it feels to work and be a mother. i'm referring to my challenges to being home all day maybe i don't stand behind a stylist chair for10-12 hrs a day anymore but i still have a job .I'm not trying to be whinny or say its easy being a working mom i know its NOT. I hate the fact that every time i make a comment of being tired i get the whole WHY ant like you got a JOB you sit at home all day playing with babies!! If the truth be told i would much rather be working i love my kids but working was more of an outlet than a job .I'm sorry if i upset any apple carts

twinchasermom

Answer by twinchasermom at 12:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Anyone can afford to stay home with their children. It's a matter of budgeting and prioritizing. My husband and I don't have cable, we rarely eat out, we have one car, and on and on. I hate that excuse that you can't afford it- I have a friend whose husband is a high school teacher and they're doing it on one income.
    I see that one lady posted that she does the same as a stay-at-home mom plus, works etc. No, you don't do the same thing we do. We're with our children all day, which isn't always easy when they're teething or having a bad day for another reason. We don't get the breaks you get on your commute to and from work or a lunch break.
    And for the woman who said that she works 12 hours at one job and has a part time on the side, but makes time for her family- I'd like to know how many hours there are in a day where she's from!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We don't get the respect that we deserve as at-home moms. I definitely agree with that. People don't think we're as intelligent or motivated, but what it comes down to is that we want to raise our children, rather than having someone else do that. I'm glad that my children will have my morals and values instilled in them, rather than some daycare worker's. I know what's going in my children's heads and have control over that, and that's something I've very happy with.
    It's not easy as some think it is, but we are glad to do it because we see the value in it. It takes sacrifice on the part of everyone- we don't have the latest gizmos or clothes, but we have what counts.
    Keep your chin up, knowing that you're doing the right thing. And don't apologize to anyone for it. People may call you judgemental for your beliefs, but shouldn't we all be using judgement and discernment in life situations? Not nowadays according to most
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Thanks for the encouragement i was beginning to think i had committed the eight deadly sin. Your right i should be  proud to be at home with my kids i just wish others didn't think it was so unthinkable. if more people would realize the things we have to do vs. the things we don'tget to do.Let me stop as you pointed out the perks of knowing who my kids are is pretty awesome thanks.

twinchasermom

Answer by twinchasermom at 12:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There are those who believe that doing what a stay-at-home-mom does, plus working at a full time job, is more difficult than being a stay-at-home-mom without an outside job.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009