im thinking about making and selling..

pinatas. Im really into crafts and ive made a few before for family and i just made my son a winnie the pooh. Its pretty cheap and fun. & everyone has been telling me how good of a job I did on them, makes me feel pretty good about it lol. But what do you think? Would you buy them? heres some pictures I took of the pooh pinata.
looks a lil crazy but im proud of it lmao
winnie the pooh pinata for brycens 1st birthday party!

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'd buy one. I'm a little annoyed at seeing the one's in stores that are just a box with a character pic on it and some of the pinata frills on the side. The kids see the pic and want it and I see the price and think now way, very cheaply and thoughtlessley done.
    Yours looks super cute and like you actually put some effort and thought into it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Super cute! I would buy one depending on price.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:22 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• that's an AWESOME one. Just remember that the market for these is really small.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• prices, well i was thinking cheap, since it doesnt really take much to make one. Maybe by size. the pooh is about 2 feet tall, i would probly sell it for around $10-$15. thanks!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Very Crafty, I wish that I was THAT artistic...I did make one of those edible arrangements for my DD's birthday party, I put it in a princess bucket. Everyone thought it was really pretty, but I would never try to do that for a living. LOL. Just cause it took me like 2.5 hours just to make a small one. Ha. But I really think that you could do very good with these. Especially if you could make like a dozen at once and sell them in bulk to a local party store!! Good Luck!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I think that you should definitely place a listing on craigslist that you can make custom pinatas. This will advertise, for free, to more than just your local area.

I would absolutely buy one. Can you make one as a pair of ballet slippers? ;)

I'm not kidding. PM me.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• That is really adorable. You may want to try and sell one on eBay and see how it goes, then you can expermiment with other designs and listing them.....if all goes well perhaps go legit get a DBA and a tax ID, create an online store and sell the pinatas and perhaps buy other party supplies wholesale to go with them.....even now you could look at places like www.oriental.com to see what kind of character plates, napkins, decor and favors they have and make pinatas to go with and sell them on eBay or at an online store as a party pack!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Just remember if you are selling them to check out the copyrights on using the characters. You would not want to have some big corporation coming after you for the little bit of money you made from the pinatas.
    lauraslefthook

Answer by lauraslefthook at 9:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2009