Selfishness disguised as "Self Esteem"

Anyone else tired of it? Putting others down to build yourself up? Think "Me-time" is overused? Male bashing, rudeness and laziness all around you making you crazy? It is seriously on my nerves today. I love my little boys and I HATE the shirts for little girls that say things like "boys are stupid". I hate the spoiled, pampered "princess" fad going around these days. Whatever happened to serving ones fellow man, helping those less fortnate, being kind to animals, trying to be a good example? Am I the last person on earth who puts my husband at the top of my priority list? Am I the last person who refuses to spoil her kids and does not consider Little Debbie to be a food group for children? Sometimes I want to scream.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, you are ONE of the last women on this planet to put your husband first. Thank the women's rights movement... you can thank that for all those "boys are stupid" shirts as well, and the overall breakdown of the family system.
    Me- time is definitely overused, but we live in a very selfish society, in which most people are only thinking of themselves.
    You are one of the last people to refuse to spoil her kids as well... it's an easier route to take in the short term for parents to quiet their kids by giving them what they want. They don't always realize that they're actually creating selfish little monsters, but that's the reality.
    Hang in there. It can be frustrating and annoying when you have to deal with these people everyday, but it sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders and are an excellent mom, wife, and person. Most people nowadays are just scum
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• My baby girl is a princess and NO MAN will ever come before my child NONE
    Anonymous

• Wait; Little Debbie isn't a food group??
    Anonymous

• Well, you would hate my daugthers bedroom its a "Princess" theme.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 11:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• God and my children are always first on my priority list then comes my man and me- i dont think it should be any other way-although i do have to agree with the spoiled princess thing- i cant stand a spoiled princess or prince at all
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Nope.not tired of it.I think its ok to vent about things.If u want to start a my husband is perfect and can do no wrong group then you do that.My kid comes first,and my man is somewhere on that list.Men can be gone like that.I will ALWAYS have my kids and sadly if something happens to them i will ALWAYS have me.I am on the top of my priority list along with my man and kids.Its not selfish to not put all your hopes and dreams on one guy.Its smart thinking
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• oh and i love me time- i think with all i do as a mother and wife i deserve it!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Right on sister! lol, except I love Little Debbie! At first those sarcastic fads going around were funny to me but I think the kids are starting to believe this crap! It's my world and you just live in it. It's all about me! My dog is cuter then yours! I make boys cry! etc. I buy my son cool shirts like Love her and save her.......Mother Earth, Pull my finger, My life should be a reality show, Jesus Has Skills, I like you, do you like me? The funniest one was one my brother gave him that said "I love frijoles".
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I hate those pants that say JUICY across the ass. That's just what we need our 12 year olds wearing. Maybe you feel like a dying breed because your ideas aren't popular, but your aren't, there are still many other moms out there who feel the same way, you just gotta look for them! If you believe in it, respect it and stick to it good luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• As babysyoungmom stated perfectly "men can be gone like that." That's the mentality of women today, they're disposable. That's the reason we have so many moms having babies with boyfriends or just going it alone, so many step-families, half-siblings, and all other means of general family confusion. Thank the women's lib movement for that too.
    How liberating to have a boyfriend who can walk out on you and your baby at anytime, to not have the security of a man who really loves you and is committed to you and your family. I wish I could be liberated like that.
    Unfortunately, I'm in a marriage with the man of my dreams, he provides for me and my family, protects us, and sacrifices for us daily.
    Men come and go when you treat them like their disposable and when you act in slutty ways to get them.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 1, 2009