Learning more about Islam

I am wanting to learn more about Islam, and am not completely sure where to look. I'm on some groups here to learn about Islam (and other faiths)...but I guess I am looking other sources too. Any suggestions?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here you go. Hope this helps.

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:02 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There are tons of sources! Are you a member of religious roundtable? There are some really great Muslimahs in there who do a great job of explaining their faith, and are always willing to answer questions.
    There are also many great sites: - lots of articles/information - very informative

and here's a thread from RR that talks about Islam:
    its got more links and lots of information.

good luck!
    Islam is a beautiful religion, and IMO its absolutely fascinating!

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Call the hotline:

Article is from this morning, but they don't put the website address in the article.  You can see what it looks like to find it on Google, though.

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i dont' know any of those sites the ladies quoted except for and i don't use it.. I am muslim. these are sites i am very familiar with and use.  and a good start for you to begin.  if you  have questions you can pm me.

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• What part of Islam attracts you? just curious??

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• The devotion, the purity, the love, the beauty - everything....
    Out of all the religions I've studied, it has a special place in my heart, and I really have more in common with Islam than I do with Christianity (belief wise), even though I am a Christian Universalist.
    There really is just so much to love about Islam, and its a shame that more people can't at least understand and tolerate this beautiful religion, especially when there are many who find they appreciate and respect it once they actually learn about it... So, OP, I think its great you're asking about it and educating yourself!

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• PM if you want info.

Answer by NCMommy2be at 9:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2009