so I was thinking about getting my DH a Nintendo Wii for fathers day... Would you recommend one of those?

Are they really as great as everyone says? Or is it just hype?

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• We didnt buy hubby a Wii because generally the games seem to be more geared for women and children, like the PP said. We did buy him a PS3 and he loves it! I would say that an X-box would be good, but everyone I know that has bought one has had problems with it breaking or games not working. But whatever you decide to get him im sure he will like it and play it. :)
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 7:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Every man I know who bought a Wii ends up giving it to their wives :p The games on the Wii are more geared toward women and children than men. My husband prefers the XBOX 360.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• ok me and my DH absolutely love ours..so does my 3 yr old DS! its great cuz you are active with some games and we can enjoy it as a family! we havent played it in a while cuz its summer, but in the winter we do a lot. its better than watching tv all nite. and u can play with friends. my fav part is i got the original mario on it so i can play that (it was always my fav)!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• DH loves his Wii, I'm a PS girls myself, but the Wii is fun for awhile. DH has some yakuza fighting game and the last Resident Evil, so not all the games are women and kid oriented.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 3:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• its awesome
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 4:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My family love Wii, I had company over and (2 guys in their 20s )played Wii for hours with my 12 yr old . Get it he'll love it if hes a gamer. We have the Wii sports that came with it and Wii skiing- that what they played for hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We borrowed one from my fiance's dad, because I wanted to try it before we bought it. I did okay with the sports games...bowling, tennis etc. Because I don't play video games very often though, I found the controller very hard to manuever (very touchy) because I'm not a big gamer. My fiance really liked it though.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It's more of a family system, he may like it. XBOX 360 is more of a manly system. We got rid of ours to buy the wii and my husband misses it.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 8:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We have a Wii and all of us play it. My DH has a bunch of his own games, as do I. We also have some games the kids can play, even our 3 yo. I would definitely recommend getting one!
    PnMMom

Answer by PnMMom at 8:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My fiance loves it. We all do. You can use game cube games and the controllers with it. We also have guitar hero its a lot of fun. Unfortunately we do not play as much as we used to, too many things to do.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009