My son is out of control help!

So my son threw 1500 dollars out my car window today....he is out of control I have tryed timeout, go to ur room, ur toys r mine, spank and just talking to him
nothing works and I cant take him into any store he wont sit in my car he has had diffrent carseats gets out of everyone.....he cant even sit to watch a movie and at night he wakes up at least 3 times...atleast his dad is in iraq on deployment and is returning in aug. everyone keeps saying its cus of that but come on I have see other kids who's parents are overseas and they are nothing like him and our little girl minds so well never even scream unless he kicks her or spits on her... I have no clue what to do with him or how to get him to mind me I just feel like having a big breakdown PLEASE ANY ADVICE? he has even been to play therapy for counceling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Children this age are not able to put their emotions into words and often don't understand where they are coming from in the first place. Just because other children don't react the same way to their dad's deployment doesn't mean that your son will follow suit. Everyone reacts to situations differently, and you need to be understanding of that.
    If he started acting out shortly after your husband left, you can be reasonably sure that it's the reason your son is so upset. Talk to your son and try to help him put his feelings into words.. Ask questions about how he feels about his daddy being gone, ask if he knows why daddy left, etc.
    Make sure that you really help him to understand that daddy's going to be coming home and that nothing that he did made his daddy leave. Letting him help with putting together care packages for his dad can really help too. But understand that he doesn't have the ability to reason this through
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• why did you have $1500 where a little kid could reach it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• umm...I didn't he grabed it out of my purse when I was trying to pull the car over cus he got out of his car seat yet again...didn't wantto wreck trying to rip it out of his hands
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I will never understand how telling a child that hitting can solve problems can be a good idea.
    You do need to examine your discipline. Are you being firm and consistent? Why does your son think that it's a good idea to get out of his carseat? What are the consequences for this? He is certainly old enough for timeouts, having a beloved item put in a closet for a few hours, and losing priveledges (like no television for a day).
    You need to get this under control (and get a checking account; I get nervous carrying around more than $40.)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You never said how old your DS is. But you might want to get him checked for add or ADHD. My brother had a terrible time because he was add and he was 12 when they finally caught it. It could be that your son is acting out because his father is not home, but he should get the idea when he is being disciplined. Are you being consistent? Are there certain aspects of his behavior that you let him get away with? Is there someone who lets him get away with things? I know it is frustrating, but you need to try to get a hold on him or else he will be too far gone when he gets older

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• see thats the thing I am being very consistent but these things keep happening its like it doesn't make a diffrence what I do he will do it again anyways and I never let him get away with it I keep disciplining him . he is 3 by the way well 3 on the 14th of this month and when I take him to the doctor its like no one believes me however last time we went ppl were waiting with there sick children outside and I was try to get my son to stop throwing stuff at the other children...did I mention he can not at all play with other children and because of that he has been kicked out of 5 daycares in our area. I am an epileptic and I have been having so many seizures in the middle of the night from no seep and stress because of all of this that my sons doctor had to put him on 10 mg of a adhd medication after he threw stuff at his staff I mean no one....NO ONE lets him get away with anything I dont get it
    Anonymous

• u know what if he doesnt have add or anything...a lil dot of hotsauce goes along way...
    Anonymous

• Wow, he's been kicked out of 5 daycares, his dad is deployed in Iraq, and he's not even three. Do you hear yourself? Honestly? He has NO stability in his life at all. At a time like this, the last thing he needs is to be bouncing around from daycare to daycare. This is absurd! Stay home with him or have one of his loving Grandmas take care of him.
    He needs stability and consistency. He's two and you're expecting him to rationalize things like an adult. So sad. Take a child development class at a local college, so maybe you can understand your child's needs a little better. I think that should be one of many requirements before people can have children.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• wow thanks for those nice words:) some of us have to work and cant just stay home with our children or have there gandparents who are also working watch them. Being a military family like u must not understand you are sometimes far away from your family and do not always have babysiters u can trust around you. so thank you and for your information. I have taken child development classes at a college, I understand my childs needs further more if u dont have anything nice to say u should not be replying to any of the questions on this site I hope ur children grow up to have beter manners than u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009