When do u take away the binky &...

My daughter will b one tomorrow, its sad, but i was wondering when did u other moms take away the binky? i still nurse her a little bit if she is having a really hard time going to sleep, probly once a day, maybe twice, so i dont think it would be too hard to quit nursing her, mostly just out of convience for us(mom and dad) she has never liked a bottle at 3months she was having sippy cups and 9months regular cups. also whats the best tips for removing these items? if she doesnt nurse to sleep and cant just lay down at 9(bed time) then she uses infant carrier, we buckle her in drape blanket over and rock her in that, she goes right to sleep, but never let us her whole life rock her in a rocking chair, so any ideas?

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 12:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If all this is convenient for you to keep doing and is working well then keep on! Im sure your baby will let you know when she can handle for things to change. That's what I plan to do anyway. My dd is 3 months and so far during the day she sleeps in a sling on my chest and at night in her bassinett. If she needs rocking i do it and she uses a binky. I think they recommmend weaning from them before 2 (but don't do everything at once... do it very gradually)

Try reading the NO cry Nap Solution and No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley for some suggestions
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 12:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ps... up until a month ago I used to try to have my dd in her bassinett for naps too. But she was so restless and only sleeping 45mins at a time. Now on me, she naps for 1-2 hours. She is a different and much happier baby. I just stopped listening to what the professionals said and started listening to what she was telling me she could cope with and what she couldn't. And she sleeps without any assistance at night for 11 hours
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I took my son's binkie away at 4 months because he just wasn't that interested in it anymore. He hardly got upset and when he did I comforted him in different ways. Your child will let you know, but eventually it will decrease how much they talk to you.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Once they start walking, they should be able to self-sooth and the pacifier should go away.
    The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months. Certainly give her a sippy cup with water, and make sure that she is eating a variety of healthy foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Remember that cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009