is it ok to take baths while your pregnant because im in alot of back pain what do i do ??

the only thing i can take for pain is tylenol and it hurts so bad idk what to do i wanna take a bath but my doc told me showers are better how else do you relax??

rainingglass101

Asked by rainingglass101 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• baths are fine as long as your bag of waters is still intact (and even afterwards if you're careful)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• can walking be a bad thing to ??
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm in my 40th week of pregnancy and I've been taking warm to hot baths the last few days (the tub filled to go up to my waist, so my belly isn't in the water) because I am in just soooo much pain. But, I make sure I have a cold glass of water and I actually put an ice pack on the top of my fundus (upper stomach) too. But yes, you can take a bath, it's safe unless your water breaks.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Take a walk or have hubby give you a back massage
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• walking is a great thing...it's the best exercise, along with swimming...just don't over-do-it.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• okbecause im at high risk and im scared to remotely even go near the water and i just want a healthy child and im about 13 weeks and im having very bad upper back pain and i thought maybe it was just i turned the wrong way until it started coming back when im doing certain stuff and then it jsut got worse
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• well there are other ways to get heat if you're at high risk, try those "thermacare" patches they sell at drug stores, they get pretty hot and that would feel good on your back.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• that would work because im trying to stay as healthy as possible right now would a heating pad be the same thing or overdoing it ??
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• heating pad should be fine, just don't leave it on for long.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2009