dog actin weird... i am also prego.,.

has anyones eles pets started acting weird round u? or bein more aggrasive towards other ppl and animals?? my dog keeps attackin my other dog when he comes near me... i heard that animals can sense u being prego and all.. i am in the middle of my 5th month and he has been really bad bout not letting me outta his site.. he likes to lay his head on my belly at times when i let him. but i just dont kno wat to do anymore bout him being mean towards my other dog and other ppl mainly men. i live alone except for when my husband comes home for a few days.. any advice.. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Yep...they can totally sense that you are pregnant. My advice is to speak with a good dog trainer and maybe they can help you establish more of an alpha role. Because when the baby comes, the dog may still have the same behavior or worse...get jealous of all the attention you are giving the baby. This isn't something that I would take lightly. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• talk to a dog trainer. you dont need the dog attacking the baby or something...
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Talk to your dog, they may fear being thrown out of the family. Let your pet know he is stil part of the family and don't forget to give him his daily attention and exercise.

My cat was acting like he was seperating himself from us for a little bit, I made sure he knew he was still our first furry baby and he was fine.

Pets have been domesticated for thousands of years, connect with your dog and everything should be fine.

Punishing him may make him go into total outrage.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You dont want to punish him for being afraid, just reassure him he is still family. Like any child re-direct negative behavior.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My dog started acting weird around me before I even found out I was pregnant. Now I am 7 and a half months he is forever coming to me for cuddles, when I get home he sniffs&licks my bump and he lies on the floor next to me when I go to bed. He has always loved me but has always been more for my SO but now I'm pregger's, he seems to listen and love me more! I already have 3 girls so he is used to sharing me but I still try and make some special time just for me and him so he still feels loved. He is after all, like my son!!

mummy24

Answer by mummy24 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my horse knew i was preggo befor i did...the day before i tested i went to the barn and prince kept rubbing his head against my belly and giveing me a soft doey eye look....and when i went back up the next day after i tested i told him he was haveing a lil brother or sister he shook his head up and down like he was saying i told u so...lol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• That happened with me too. My cat would not leave me alone. He would always lay on my tummy lol. He would be by me and follow me around 24/7. And he hated my mom and boyfriend hehe
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009