Does anyone have a tankless water heater?

Do you like it better or worse than a regular water heater? I have to replace mine and am thinking of going tankless.

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 1:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My inlaws LOVE theirs. They live in a house without electricity except from solar panels. The tankless is great because it only heats water as you need it so it safes a huge amount of energy. And they ALWAYS have hot water.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I had one. I liked it. It was cheaper than electric, water was always hot. Sometimes when it was windy the pilot light would blow out, that was the only annoying thing, having to relite it.
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 2:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• When we replaced our hot water heater last year, we considered a tankless but the ROI (return on investment) was longer than the life of the hot water heater; we went with a tradtional heater with a high energy star rating.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We just put one in and love it. It's nice to not have to worry about running out of hot water. I can take as long a shower as I want while running the dishwasher and the washing machine. AHHHH!
    I don't know if we are using less gas or not. We may be using a little more water since we don't have to ration our showers in the morning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I wish I had one. I use one at a job I had a few years ago and it was awesome. I tried to convince my landlord to put one in when ours kicked it last year but he wouldn't hear of it.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009