Does anyone have any advice for me im a new teen mommy and scared out of my mind!!???

please help.

TEENMOMMY542

Asked by TEENMOMMY542 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If there isn't anything specific you're worried about, I would just say, really trust your instincts. Just because you're young, don't discount them. Start to learn to rely on them with your baby, especially when sick. Only you will know your child best.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ask for help. If you have any questions ask. If you feel stressed out, it is normal, and it is perfectly okay to lay the baby in a crib or bassinette and let them cry. If you feel too stressed, close the door and step outside, the baby will be fine as long as you put them in a safe place. Distance yourself a little and relax. Take a deep breath. If you find yourself unable to handle it, seek assistance. It's okay. We have all been there and we all survive it. Just calm down, and like I said, ask.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Oh honey! I wish I could say it's gonna be easy. I had my son at 16! I lost my friends, my self esteem, baby's dad nowhere in sight. But guess what! Those people still aren't my friends, now I have better friends, a man who loves me and my self esteem back. If I could go back and change anything I would say make everyday about your baby. You have to me a mom now and a teenager later. Teenage years come and go but you are a mom forever! I have a lot of regrets, but they have made me a better person and mom for it. Today I have a beautiful intelligent boy who makes me smile, proud and laugh. Make being a great mom your passion and drive and focus on it every day. Hang around positive supportive people. Maybe find another teen mom to be friends with. If you ever need to talk message me!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i fyou ever need to talk honey im here i was 17 with my first struggling with school work a family that hated me no father in sight and all my friends bailed out on me . if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to you can always message me or even get ahol dof me on my myspace page . i check that more often . http://www.myspace.com/countrylove1986

id love to help in anyway i can so please dont hesitate to ask . just always remember your a mommy you can do it you can do anything .

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• How teen are you i was 18 when i got pregnant. The hardest thing is finding time to juggle school and work and baby time. Its so hard, but the times when your alone and everything is finished with for once and its just you and your baby and she's either sleeping or smiling, you feel really really good. And as hard as it is it makes you stronger and you can really do it... the more support the better... make that daddy stick around and the grandparents will hopefully be happy... you decided to act like an adult and now you get to be one. congrats. in labor take the drugs! lol
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• WELL THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE U IS TO ALWAYS REMEMBER, U WANT EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD FOR THIS BABY, THIS BABY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT, AND YOU WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUR CHILD!
    I AM 18, I HAVE A SON WHO IS ABOUT TO BE A YR OLD ON THURSDAY, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND WHO ME AND MY SON LIVE WITH, BUT HE IS NOT THE FATHER, MY SONS FATHER IS STILL A CHILD WHO WANTS TO PARTY AND HAVE FUN AND HE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A FATHER!!! ALSO I HAD TO MOVE AWAY FOM ALL MY FRIENDS AND MY HOMETOWN NOT TOO LONG BEFORE I WAS 3 MONTHS PREGNANT.SO IM ALONE IN THIS LITTLE TOWN CALLED BRENHAM WITH NO FRIENDS! MY MOM AND SISTER ALSO MOVED WITH ME BUT THEY ARENT THERE LIKE FRIENDS MY AGE CAN BE! I STILL DO NOT KNOW ANYONE HERE AND I WORK ALL THE TIME AND I HAD TO QUIT SCHOOL! I KNW ITS HARD AND I KNOW THAT ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS CRY ALL THE TIME BUT YOU WILL SOON REALIZE THAT THIS BABY IS THE GREATEST PERSON YOU WILL EVER KNOW!

ADD ME!
    KaydensMother

Answer by KaydensMother at 2:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was 17 when I had my oldest son (I'm now 21 with 2 kids; 2yrs & 15mon). I will not lie it was not easy .. We lived off $350 in cash assitance, $200 in food stamps. I also recieved daycare & medical assistance through the state. I was only on the cash for a few months, because I ended up droping out of school (I was 15 credits behind by my senior year). My baby daddy was gone, guess he had better things to do. Which I guess didn't supprise me since he doesn't take care of his other 2 kids. I lost my friends, they didn't understand what I was going through & it was hard to relate to them. But you know I made it though all that, and so have so many others! I'm now in a great relationship. My oldest son calls my him daddy, and he considers him his son. I have new friends who I know support me, and can relate to more. There are promrams out there to help; State assistance, WIC, etc. Email me if u want 2 chat more!
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Knowledge is power, & it takes a village to raise a child.Don't rely on the advice of doctors or family members; educate yourself on nutrition, deveopmental milestones, discipline, etc. Your local library has a lot of resources for you. T. Berry Brazelton has an amazing book called Touchpoints (www.touchpoints.org); any book by Penelope Leach will be great.
    Mothering Magazine is an amazing resource; you can read back issues at your local library &online at www.mothering.com. Kiwi is another good parenting magazine.
    The hospital where you are going to deliver will either offer classes, or tell you how to find them: newborn care, breastfeeding, baby & child CPR/first aid.
    Start building your network now; it is so much easier when you have friends, neighbors or family member you can trade child care with.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Make sure that keeping this baby is best for you both, there are many loving couples who can provide a wonderful home and let you stay involved in your baby's life.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Your baby will tell you what he/she needs. Sleep when the baby sleeps. A rested mommy is a happy mommy. Don't listen to negative people. Only you know your baby. Enjoy your baby. Before you know it they will grow up. Never take one second for granted. And never second guess yourself. I think you're a great mom and your baby is very lucky to have you. Good luck and God bless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2009