Could it be twins??

Ok so first dr. pregnancy test and hCG levels high. They say prolly wrong on LMP. A few weeks go by and I wake up with horrible lower abdominal pain. No bleeding but feel like I'm in labor. This is baby #2 and had nothing like this with #1 so DH takes me to ER. BTW I was at 5 wks 3 days. They do a transvaginal ultrasound where there is a black circle with two little white specks in it. All they really say is everything looks ok but of course too early to tell anything for sure. I ask if there is just one in there and she says, "I'm not saying that." So I ask if there is two and she says that I just need to talk to my dr about that. Well the ER dr didn't say anything and we leave the situation alone. Well I go in for the pap and check at 8 weeks and they tell me that my uterus is measuring around 10 weeks. I get online and do some researching and now I'm wondering if there is identical twins in there. more in answe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know it's not always genetic but my grandmother lost twin boys at six months because of a car wreck and that is the only twins in the fam. I know no one can tell me if I'm having twins but I was just wondering who else may have experienced this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well our first transvaginal ultrasound at 8 weeks, we only saw one baby ;) At 10 weeks we saw both, one had been hiding behind the other. My girls are Di-Mo twins, they were in one placenta and seperate amniotic sacs.
    Identical twins are not genetic, they are just a gift from God when that one egg that normally just makes one baby, splits into two whole babies :) Fraternals can be genetic through the mothers side, basically the women in the family could just release more than one egg during a cycle. Give it a few weeks and get another ultrasound to see if there is more than one in there.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 1:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• it sounds possible.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• maybe. but i doubt it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Jun. 2, 2009