I thought being pregnant was supposed to be the best time in your life?

I mean of course, other than the nausea and weight gain.... I'm just trying to figure out why we are arguing so much. It sucks. The discussions are petty but the words are harsh and I can't take it. I am hurting because I love him but I think that I am loosing him...I know that he cares about me but there are some things he needs to move past. .I have children from a guy that he hates and he feels like we shouldn't talk but he is the father of my children. I don't know Im so confused what is some advice I need it bad.

laydlexius

Asked by laydlexius at 1:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Okay first off, no one ever promised that pregnancy is supposed to be the best part of your life! You can't compare your pregnancy to other people's. I hate being pregnant! We fought, we were stressed....see there were so many things we had to come to terms with having a child. Time did it for us. He has no right interfering with your children's relationship with their dad. He should be happy he's involved. He sounds insecure. I will say it got better after baby came. But please! I think at one time we all thought our pregnancy was gonna be this fairy tail glorious, magical time where you and your man are madly in love and your body is more beautiful than ever and all is zen, but that doesn't happen for all of us and it's okay. Give yourself a break! If he is a good man and a good father who loves you he will work it out and be by your side in the long run!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• you should try to go to counseling. Listening to my husband's anxieties etc. is really what saved my marriage and following through with what he told me. My husband and I were seperated a few months just after second son was born. We obviously worked through things. If you need to talk or want to hear more just message me.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• This has nothing to do with the pregnancy. It has to do with the fact that your SO is being unreasonable over something that should be. I believe you are absolutely in the right to be civil and communicate with your ex concerning the children. There is nothing wrong with that. A lot of men seem to have a problem with this and the big reason is their own insecurity and jealousy. It's usually because they think that if you're civil with them, you might have feelings for them, or you would cheat with them. He hasn't got the concept that he is your EX for a reason. Your SO has to understand and respect that, or it will always cause problems. If that is the problem you are having, then find a solution by giving your SO an ultimatum. I think he is in the wrong if all of this is caused by you comunicating with your ex. As long as it's to be civil and for the kids, there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• The two of you need to remember why you feel in love and decided to have a baby. Couples counseling, either with a clergy person or trained professional, Your SO seems to be insecure and perhaps a bit immature. If he won't go to counseling, then you need to go yourself.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2009