I know this is silly, but can you move your pets (2 cats...maybe just 1) on military base with you?

USNmomwife

Asked by USNmomwife at 2:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pets

• On my post, you are allowed 3 pets and they just have to be up to date on all shots and registered at the post vet. Cats have to stay indoors, as well. Just talk to your housing office and they can give you details!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 2:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It would depend on where you live I am sure... We are aloud up to 2 animals on my base. Just like the above post they have to be registered on base as well as up to date on shots. I have a pup and a cat...
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 5:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• All military housing allows pets, however, most installations limit you to two pets, some will allow three, some will identify a number based on what type of animal (some will count a fish tank as one pet, others won't count it at all, some will say two cats and one dog, some will say just two total). Just remember, some military housing IS banning certain breeds, and pretty much all housing bans exotic animals. My housing is also rediculous with the rules... can't leave the dogs outside alone unless the yard is fenced, can't put them on a chain, can't put a stake in the ground, etc. Then again, we are also required to get our OWN window coverings, but they MUST be white so they look nice from the outside (gee, you want it to look your way, get your OWN dang mini blinds in the quarters!)
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 4:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It depends on the base. We are moving to Japan and i wouldn't be able to take a dog since the high rise apartments won't allow them but we are able to take my cat. (after much vet work and 180 day waiting period to test her for rabies. All animals have to do this if they are going to japan) I would call the vet on base and ask them. It really depends on if you are going overseas or being stationed in the states.
    Jessi101088

Answer by Jessi101088 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009