PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

I don't know what to do. I never wanted to have a child. I love my dd very much but, she is a horrible child on a good day there is usally an hour where she is not yelling or hitting or telling me to shut up or laying on the ground throwing a temper tantrum. 8 out of the ten hours a day that my dh is at work she is TERRIBLE and i feel like i can't handle it. I really don't know what to do. All I want most of the time is for her to leave me alone...I hate playing with her because she just gets upset and starts screaming and hitting. I feel like I just want to pack up and leave and not look back. please someone help me!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• spare the rod, spoil the child. or if you just can't bring yourself to whip her, then you could try putting her in her room for a time-out, && leave her there until she stops throwing a fit.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If she is constantly hitting and throwing fits then you need to discipline her.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!! I have tried time outs, taking toys away, i have spanked her butt nothing works!!!! When i spank her she LAUGHS at me!!! I feel like I want to die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Sounds like both of you are in need of help. How old is the child? If she is old enough to know better, then she needs to be taught that proper behavior is expected. Sounds like there is emotional problems on your part and hers. Good luck.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• she will be three in july...I know i have depression and i have been seeing a therapist to help me but it is just so hard everyday i feel like i just want to give up. I know how horrible i sound but I am trying. I feel like i have no one to talk to. When i try people just tell me to "get over it" or "deal with it" which is not helpful. My therapist wants to work through my stuff first before we start on the problems i have with her. has anyone had to deal with a toddler with really bad behavior problems? what exactly did you do when no punishment worked? please help me

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You need to start with a parenting class. Children do not behave without many years of consistent discipline. Three is a horrible age, and the way that you handle her now will set the stage for how she acts in the future.
    Spanking sends the message that hitting can solve a problem; it sounds like this is the wrong message for this kid. Keep up with timeouts (you can have a sad chair or sad corner) and use a kitchen timer; at age 3 she can have a 3 minute time out. We had good luck with putting our daughter's blanket, her most beloved possession, in the closet for an hour (or more, if necessary). Most important is to be firm and be consistent in your discipline.
    It sounds like you really need a break; is there a friend or family member who can take your daughter for a night?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• The good thing is you are seeking help. It sounds like your daughter just does not take you seriously. My son is 4 and we did have some difficult times at age 3...lol. We use the time out method as punishment. Also we take away his computer time if he does not listen. Staying consistant is key. You must have control, otherwise this will continue to be a problem. Do not just give in and give up- that is what she expects. If you place her on a chair and she gets off, keep placing her back on eventually she will wear out and know you are in control. Try and stay calm, but persistant. I have watched supernanny and that show really can teach you how to get control. It make take awhile but she will come to realize you mean what you say. If however you still feel nothing is helping, maybe try and take her to be evaluated or see a behavior specialist. Children are your daughters age will test their limits. Good Luck!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Watch Supernanny. She gives excellent advice on dealing with children such as yours.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 7:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• MY BEST SUGGESTION IS THIS..
    ~ PRAY FOR GOD'S GUIDANCE.
    ~ PRAY FOR GOD TO GIVE YOU PEACE AND SANITY.. parenting can be very insane..lol
    ~ go to the following website... http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/ceduc/parentingstyles.html
    http://pediatrics.about.com/od/toddlers/a/05_terrble_twos.htm
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I also agree with parenting classes. Ask your therapist to recommend one. This doesnt mean your a failure as a parent if you seek out classes/help. It means your a great parent who see's a possible problem and is dealing with it. They always say "terrible two's" and I disagree. Three is a very tough age. Have you talked with your therapist about the trouble your having right now with your daughter? Perhaps you should. Both rkholms and kellyjude1 have given excellent advice. Best of luck momma. Your taking the first step by even talking about whats troubling you..............
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2009