Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would YOU honestly do?

What would you do, if you are married, find out you are pregnant and your DH refuses to believe he is the father? You seperate later, have the baby & he refuses to be involved? You divorce him, being he has not maintained any proper contact other then to harass YOU, yet you gave him a year before filing the final papers to make ammends and come clean, & BE HONEST for once in your marriage, & STILL claims this child is not his & refuses to do the dna testing and for many many years still harasses even after divorcing & admitting he doesn't want anything to do with the child?

You have NO form of contact with him, he has your mailing addy should he want to send mail for court to you for any reasons, & MANY years later, he still denies he can have children and on a vendetta, showing everyone a passive agressive behavior?

Totally showing NO interest physically whatsoever in this beautiful innocent child he created?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (17)
  • I would cut off contact from him. I would tell my child he is beautiful and worth so much more than the man that created him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • have you ever tried to file for child support on him?? b/c if you do && he denies the child, the court will order him to take a DNA test && if he refuses then they will take him to jail. && you can finally say, "I told you so." that's what I would do just to prove him wrong

    Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • Can't you get a court ordered DNA test and file for child support at least??

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • I would be thankful that he is out of the picture. If he refuses to have anything to do with the child then obviously the child is better off without him.

    Answer by ronjwake at 2:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • i would go to family court and go after him for child support and back child support. they can court order a drug test and if he refuses its jail time. when it comes back positive if you can prove you made contact with him to tell him it was his baby (should be no prob as you were married at the time) they can force him to pay years of child support. now its not as good as having a father around but it can definately be put to good use im sure.

    Answer by treystiredmommy at 2:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • I just can't fathom at how ANYONE can shun a child they created, at the time out of love in a marriage & to be so evil and vindictive. He has been estranged, himself within his own family for many years.

    My child has NOT suffered by not having the father involved, and now being much older really understand WHY he is not in his life or mine...we don't associate with people such as him & live a pretty happy life. Life is too short and its not a healthy way of life to live, being whacked out like that.

    It is just sad. I don't wish ill on my ex at all or whomever this woman is he has as his wife. I don't know how they can look at themselves in any mirror and think I'm wrong.

    SO sad.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • i would be 'man' that acts that way should have any sort of rights, contact, or relationship with any child! so i would consider it a blessing..he obviously doesnt want anything to do with the force him to do something he doesnt wanna do..that will just make the kid resent you for forcing himor her in a relationship that doesnt need to be..its askin for trouble!

    i went after my ex for child support when my daughter was 2..shes 5 now, and it was the worst decision i have ever made..i regret it 100%, i shoulda just left it alone, and not 'forced' a bond beween only makes things worse

    Answer by alexis_06 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • He lives out of the country and nothing court can do really. He is a foreigner.

    I AM thankful at times, but as they have gotten older ( I have 2 by my former EX ) they asked SO many questions and I just had to be strong in telling them WHY we had some troubles, I dont tell everything, but my kids are old enough to understand things much better now.

    When younger it was difficult answering questions cause the kids think their father does not love THEM and never wanted them. I had to say he did not know what love was or how to be a father or not ready to be a parent and has to grow up a bit more and maybe one he will.

    What makes it harder is they know he is a step-father and how can he live with HER kids and not be around them or come see them!

    It's just a weird situation. But glad my kids are progressing well and they don't ask about him like they did when younger.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • You really should file for child support

    Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • Personally, I'd take him to court especially if i was MARRIED to him when it all happened. But if it was so out of hand that I didn't even want to waste my breath, I just wouldn't contact him. Let him have his freedom, the last thing I'd want to do was force him to be even SORT OF in the picture, for the child to later realize that his father is an immature ass.

    Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.