Drinking problem.

My friend has a BAD drinking problem. She drinks 7 days a week. And drinks to where she will pass out. She told me when I had to pick her up at the bar SLOPPY drunk that she wants help. Well the next day I told her what she said. She told me oh I don't have a problem. And if she is not drinking she can not function. She aslo has little ones to worry about. What can I say to her to make her realize she needs help ASAP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• watch the show intervention.
    Its about that stuff.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 4:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Your friend needs to want the help and needs to admit she has a problem for this to work. Sadly you can only do so much she is the one who needs to realize she needs to change. Maybe try and do the intervention type thing. She needs to realize what this is doing not only to her, but to her children. Tell her you love her and support her but she needs to get help. Just be there for her and hopefully she will see the concern you have for her -
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There is an organization that can help you to understand and possibly help your friend. It is called Al-Anon & Al-Ateen and it is for people who care about the ones in their lives who are alcoholics.
    Here is the site link for you to copy and paste:
    http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/
    I wish you well and hope your friend seeks the help she needs.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009