What would you do if you were in my shoes? ♥4 weeks prego♥

So, I'm 4 weeks pregnant and in need of some advice from some one other than my mother(who wants so desperately to be a grandmother) and my boyfriend(who told me to go screw myself after hearing I was pregnant).
My situation... When I was 15 I had an abortion and promised myself I would never put myself through that again.
I've been on unemployment and trying to find a job has been the hardest its ever been for me.
I start college in September and classes are already scheduled, financial aide paid for and all...
I live with my mother and right now I think the only way I would probably make it through is by going on welfare. Even if I find a job by the time I give birth, the pay wont be nearly enough to care for a child.
I'm terrified of pregnancy, terrified of motherhood. I literally have no one to talk to about this. I haven't even gone to a doctor yet because medicaid takes 3 weeks to be active.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Also wanted to add that I'm 22 years old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hey PM if you want.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• What does pm mean?? New to pregnancy, new to this site so I'd appreciate if people would be a little more specific.. Thanks guys :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• send me a message through here
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• does he work? what is he like?
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 4:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE U WANT THIS BABY! witch is a good thing. dont be scared, maybe u should do some research on "average parents" and show ur boyfriend. i feel pg at 17 and had my daughter at 17. i was a single mum just after my 18th birthday and only found someone about a yr ago (im 21 now) i no how scared u may feel.i think as u 2 have been together for 5yrs he will come aroundit just takes time, get creative, when u go to scans or even doc appts send him a pic and/or what the docs say about ur baby and if that doesnt work u can always do a scrap book up for him up until u give birth including pics of bub after birth then give it to him to show him what he is missing,trick him into feeling the baby move.
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 5:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• do u have msn? if so we can chat on there, send me a msg with ur email thro and ill add u
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 5:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• hey honey you can message me as well if you want id love to offer advice and be a friend for you .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• anythign is possible I took Ktap or family transistion assistance while I went to college Its liek welfare but you have to be in school or working and I made it and its better for my child now I have a college education but there is plenty of healp you can get so you can make it and if your bf (ex) doesnt want anythign to do with his child too bad cause his paycheck will be visiting u know? We are never given more than we can handle itll all work out in the end.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If you really don't think that you could support your baby and that it's not the right time, there is always adoption. There are plenty of couples out there who are unable to have their own who would gladly pay your medical bills and gladly be the parents of your little one.
    On being terrified of pregnancy and motherhood, that's completely normal. I still am terrified at times and I'm pregnant with my second child!!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009