Faint positive on Pregnancy test

My last period was may 9-18 and i irregular and my period usually comes 2 weeks after my period ends and the 2 week mark was yesterday. My period before my last was 23 day cycle too . I've been waking up almost every night to go pee, my boos/ nipples are sore, i have a weird sensation in my lower stomach, I am so so tried, my husband says i've been bitchy, well I took a test this morning and it showed a faint positive. My husband is like did you take the test right, I did, but maybe it's to early in the pregnancy to make a stronger line or maybe the test could be wrong, IDK but i do have the symptoms. I do have a 2 1/2 year old boy.
it was a target brand and i've read that they are giving out false positivies
my last period was may 9-18 so why is it telling me I am about 4 weeks
it also has me putting in how long my cylces but i am irregular so i don't know how long they are. I chart them and i have anywehre from 21 days to

itsajen812

Asked by itsajen812 at 7:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would wait it out a few more days and take another test with another brand. A positive is USUALLY a positive, no matter what. But I got 2 false positives from walmart's early result brand and it's been like 3 weeks and I haven't gotten another positive from any other brand, so I think some brands are starting to slack with their tests. :-/
    Just wait a couple days and take it again.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:20 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my aunt used to work for midwives... she told me if any posotive line shows up you are definetly pregnant! congratulations!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• even if you get a dollar store one (which I did) a positive is a positive UNLESS you are taking like one specific type of medication. Look up on the web what it is.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There is NO such thing as a false positive. (Unless you are taking a certain brand of fertility medicine). Your body will only produce HCG when pregnant, and that's what the test picks up. So congratulations. You ARE pregnant =].
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i took 3 test two of them were faint positives and guess what im 5 months pregnant! just becuase it's faint doesnt mean anything it's still positive.
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• ok thanks, but i have heard the men took target brand and got positive. I have all the symptoms, I took walmart brand before and got positive so I don't doubt store brands but i just read bad reviews about target. If you go on their web site and click on the target brand early pregnancy test it will give almost all bad review. I want to take another test but I am afriad it will be neg and I don't want to waste any money right now. So if I still do not get my period for awhile then i might retest but I have the symptoms
    itsajen812

Answer by itsajen812 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009