Ladies have a problem need advice about my BF family

Long story short my BF family never liked the idea of my daughter and me living with him they had always made it impossible for him to be happy and have a girl in his life and his daughter did the same. anyway his daughter invited her dad and me and my little one to graduation this weekend. my BF said to me last night that he had a fight with his parents and he is sick and tired of them that he doesn't feel like going to his daughter's graduation(she doesn't live with us)and I told him no you have to suck it up for one day. anyway then he said its up to me if i still want to go I don't have to if I don't want and I said why you don't want us there he said he does but there are going to be people(meaning his family)giving me dirty look and I may feel uncomfortable. that made me even want to go more and i'm not going for her i'm going for my BF because he went to my little one's graduation and just last weekend he went to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• (cont'd) he went to mind. do you think after he told me that I should back out or be there and make his family see that my BF is not what they think he is whatever the fight was about and that I have been standing by my man since I've know him?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It doesn't sound like you are standing by him. It sounds like you are trying to spite them. That is his daughter. And if it will make her day better and more peaceful without you there then don't go. Let her have time with her dad without all the drama.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hes just trying to avoid the conflict that puts him in the middle. I know what its like. My parents could never get along and they are all remarried now and for a long time, any family event was a lot of tension for me. Hes just tired of being in the middle and even though YOURE not doing it to him, his family is. Hes asking you to step back and just let him do this in peace. Hes not embarrased of you, he just knows it will cause issues. Please dont try to spite them to get back at them.....THATS putting him in the middle and making it hard. If he doesnt want you to go,then dont go. I would ,however make damn sure that he went to support his daughter. She would never forgive him if he didnt come to her graduation. Thats too important to miss.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:00 AM on Jun. 2, 2009