How can i make my daughter eat eggs?

My daughter is 14 months old and she dislikes eggs.I tried scrambled and boiled ones. The boiled ones when I give her with other food like rice/yogurt she doesn't eat them. I would like to know if I can try in any other forms. Its easy to give her if its in semi solid to liquid form as he hates the dried forms like sandwich. Hmm..she is becoming a picky eater these days forcing me to be more creative.:-).

revathy

Asked by revathy at 8:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You offer her what your making and if she doesn't eat it then don't offer her anything else. If she is hungry later on reheat it and offer her the same meal. If you start making things special for her now she will expect it more and more and it only gets worse. So don't offer her anything else, when she is hungry enough she will eat it. Try seasoning them differently or something.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Try making it sunny side up? It's a totally different texture from boiled or scrambled. My son is 20 mos and won't touch eggs in any form (unless they're cooked into something as an ingredient). GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Perhaps you should go for a while without offering eggs and then try again later. It isn't necessary that someone eats eggs. Try again a couple months from now and she may decide she likes them.

Answer by Bmat at 8:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My son will not eat eggs either. He doesnt like textures. Hes 3 and has always been that way. He doesnt eat rice, pasta or eggs or anything that resembles it. I just think....Oh well.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Give up on the eggs babe. I had been trying to get my son to like and eat mashed taters since birth and he just won't do it! I finally realized, he just doesn't like them. And that's ok. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There are a few foods that I avoid and dislike, kids are the same. Maybe this is just a food he doesn't care for. That doesn't mean you never make eggs, or offer him eggs again, just that maybe you go ahead and put them on his plate, but don't make a big deal if he doesn't eat them.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They might make her stomach upset so she won't eat them. When I was a kid I couldn't eat eggs because it would make me sick, and I love eggs so it sucked that I either couldn't eat them or had to deal with being sick.
    Then again she might just not like eggs, I know lots of people who don't like eggs.

I'd hold off on them for a while and give her other things then try eggs again in a few months.
    unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 11:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Add some cheese and milk...yummy.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can control when she eats and what you offer her.

She has 100% control over what she actually eats and how much.

You can't force her to eat something. All you can do is offer it now and then and let her see you eating it. If she tries something new, don't make a fuss. If she refuses to eat, don't make a fuss. Just offer it and let her decide what to do from there. The more pressure you put on her, the more likely she is to dig in her heels and refuse - ending up as a picky eater.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• French Toast.
    You are dipping the bread in the eggs...:) how would she know? And if you use the spray (I use Butter flavored Pam- it has 0 calories and 0 fat) for the pan you aren't adding any unnecessary fat or calories. Just the eggs and bread!!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 6:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009