• In the Spotlight:

Should I test again?

Ok, so...My hubby and I had unprotected sex in the middle of the month last month..right around when I should've ovulated, based on a 28 day cycle. I tested the day before I should've started my period (I know..I should've waited, but I have no patience..and I was so stressed out over it..) The test was negative, and I've pretty much put it out of my mind, except now it's been 4 days, and I still haven't started... and the only cramps I'm having are from gas..

Should I test again? Or chalk it up to being stressed? Or wait another week and test then?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:04 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait a few more days and try to de-stress. your period might just be late and the day before your period should start isn't really that early that it would be 100% wrong. you can retest now if you want but I think its stress causing the symptoms.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You're probably right. My problem is I don't know how long my cycle normally is. Usually I start around the same date every month, give or take a day or two.. so testing the day before on a standard 28 day cycle could be up to 4 days early. My hubby and I are going on vacation next week.. if I haven't started by the end of it, I will test again. Thanks for your input, Brailynsmama.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2009