Whaddya think?

Do you think that guys look at porn or lingerie models (and drool over them) because what they got at home is not much to look at? Or do you think that no matter how gorgeous a guy thinks his wife or so is, they will still look at porn no matter what? To put it another way, does a guy look at porn because his sex life sucks or leaves something to be desired? Curious as to what everyone thinks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know not all guys look at porn. But I don't think it has anything to do with what's at home. That's kind of the point isn't it? The exotic, not everday thing for anyone to watch and drool over. I don't like porn myself, but that doesn't mean that if I happen across a page of something I've never seen before I'm not a bit shocked (and maybe a bit turned on). The industry has been really smart about appealing to both gender's sexual appetites. I think women who get upset when their husbands/so watch porn are overreacting a bit. No, it's not healthy to watch it a ton of the time, but if it's just something for them to peek at every now and then, (maybe masturbate too), then they aren't really hurting anyone. To clearly answer your question--NO, lol, I don't think men watching porn has anything to do with what they have at home. :)
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If guys were looking at porn because they don't like what they see at home, then what is up with Hollywood? They have gorgeous women with perfect bodies and they still stray. I say it has nothing to do with anything except that it's in guys nature to look at pretty women.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 8:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think they do it because they like a change once in awhile- not that they will cheat- boredom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think guys are just that. GUYS. I agree with GMR -- Plenty of Hollywood couples don't make it because someone strays and those people are very "beautiful"! I know my husband looks, I know he tries to hide it too, LOL but I don't care. I know he gets what he needs here at home and I also know that he thinks I'm beautiful, but I also have to keep in mind that I am not the only woman in the world that has the ability to get him going. Just as long as he's only looking and not doing anything I guess I don't care. I think it's in their nature as a man.
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 8:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think they look at porn bc it is there and why not take a peek at other woman not bc they love you less. Men are just that way...it is all about sex for them men rarely turn down sex. I think it is just a visual thing nothing personal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Men are visual creatures. Men are also pigs! But according to my DH it is in their nature to breed. It is a daily constant battle to remain faithful. He says we don't understand how powerful this urge is for them. He says the ability to say no, or free will is the only thing that seperates them from the animals. Granted some men do better at the saying no thing than others. He says it is like our wanting to have children, it is just in us to want to have and raise babies. I don't know if all of this holds water, but there is one mans opinion.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Men look. If they claim they don't, they're lying. If you don't think they do, they're hiding it from you or not being obvious about it on purpose because they think you'll get upset. If a woman freaks out about strip bars, he wishes he could go. It is not personal. (Women take things personally, in general) If he watches porn, he's thinking about doing what he's seeing with you... and would love for you to watch it so he could show you what he wants you to do to him. lol.

On another note, I don't know any ladies who don't look either. I certainly do and I love my husband. It's not his fault. I'm married, not dead. Even my mother-in-law looks. lol. We have conversations about hot men together...
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I know that my husband looks at porn because he like to look at naked women. It has nothing to do with our sex life. We watch it together sometimes, and it enhances our sex life. But I am in no way "replaced" by porn, nor are we reliant on porn.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 5:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009