crazy train.

yesterday my 30 yr old daughter came over.she is insightful so i was asking her about the neighborhood and my friends and why they are going against me.she kind of hangs around with the same type of people.she said its because they think im crazy.i did a stint in an outpatient hospital and am now taking meds for depression and anxiety.this idea seems to be spreading.is my credibility gone?do you think this could be the reason?my question has always been why?not that i am going to or want to be friends with them.be nice please.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Poeple love to gossip- just hold ur head up high and go on with ur life. Wave hi to them - dont let them know it bothers u. Make friends -join a club somewhere- U got threw some rough stuff- be proud- move forward.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• First off, let me say I'm sorry that people you thought were friends think you are crazy. That being said, I think most people have a little bit of crazy in them. EVERYBODY. In their own way. I have social anxiety and probably should be on meds, does that make me crazy? In some people's eyes maybe it does. Your credibility is not gone. At least you had the presence of mind to know you needed help and sought it out. I don't call that crazy, I call it responsible. If more people did what you did, maybe the world wouldn't be so full of "crazy" people. And one more thing, my family is FULL of "crazies", but they are harmless, just a little nutty here and there. What's wrong with that? It adds a little excitement to our dull lives!! ha ha. Don't worry about the meanies, if I had to choose between being a little nutty and being an asshole, I'd pick nutty every time. Take care.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 8:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They don't sound much like friends to me.. Move on from them. Find some new ones. They will never understand you and what you went through until they do. Its sad, but people never really understand until they have walked a mile in someone elses shoes. I myself had a small meltdown when my father died, and some of my family where like you don't need meds your not crazy! I simply said how is being depressed because of my father dieing make me crazy? They hung their heads low and apologized. My point is sometimes you just got to let them know why you felt they way you did. Help them to understand. and if that don't work. like I said before, move on.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes, i agree. If they can't even be enough of a friend to maybe come over and see how you're doing instead of causing you more pain cuz now everyone thinks you're crazy, then SCREW EM!!! they're obviously not your true friends, so why do you need them? you had a problem, you got help and now you're trying to better your life. who hasn't been on meds? almost everyone i know has been on meds for anxiety or depression, so just believe you're a better person cuz you helped yourself and you don't need them.
    mamiofthree1982

Answer by mamiofthree1982 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• thank you and if i could i would select them as all best answers...:)
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009