Funny, mistaken song lyrics...

I thought it was "I'll never leave your pizza burnin'" - (I'll never be your beast of burden" - Rolling Stones)
What's yours? I need a good laugh today...

dawpea

Asked by dawpea at 8:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a friend that thought "Ain't no holla back girl" was "Ain't no Harlem black girl"....we didn't tell him for weeks and he would sing it in public........ah, it was great :)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• haha, I thought it was Dirty Deeds and the Thunder Chief.....no idea why, I can't hear apparantly!

It's Dirty Deeds and they're done dirt cheap.---AC/DC
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OMG!!! I thought I was the only one...lol sometimes we just can't make out the words clearly so I guess we just fill in the blank....lol

Mine is...you know the song from One Republic "Apologize" well it says (It's too late to apologize) I though it said (It's too late to find a job)...lol My family laughed at me :(

I am just glad we straighten that out. Have a great day!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Don't feel bad Adeline. My husband sang the same ones.

I had a friend "America's crazy bout this jobless man" -ZZ Top Sharp Dressed Man "Every girl's crazy bout this sharp dressed man"

My husband again "My neighbor tells me what to do" A System of a Down song "My tapeworm tells me what to do"

My older sister "8 gays so weak, I love you" The Beatles 8 Days a Week "8Days a Week, I Love you" She refused to listen to the song because of that line until she learned better.

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We were just talking about this over the weekend. We were listening to my MP3 player in the car and Fleetwood Mac was playing. Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies. My DD who is 15 gets in the car, says "oh I love this song" and proceeds to sing...tell me lies tell me squeaky lies. We will never let her live that one down!
    I forget who sings the song, I want to say Neil Diamond, anyway the song is Forever in blue jeans and my dad sang Reverand blue jeans.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• LOL, I am the queen of doing this! This one time when I was about 15/16 my mom was listening to scopions "Black Out" WHen he sings "Black Out I really had a black out" I sang "Play golf I really want to play golf" Ofcourse my mom gave me a rather hard time about that.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 2:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You know ladies, there is actually a whole book of commonly mistaken song lyrics. It's called "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" (Jimi Hendrix "Excuse me while I kiss the sky")!!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009