My son is 8 months old now and he still doesn't have teeth is this normal? i thought they got them at about 6 months.

It seems as if he's been teething for a long time. He has the two little nubs on the bottom but he has had them for a few months.

hollylynette

Asked by hollylynette at 8:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's okay, some babies are just really slow teethers. My daughter cut her first tooth on her first birthday. lol. My pediatrician said, "I have never seen a kindergartner with no teeth"
    so be patient. they will come in.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter didn't get any until she was 9 months, 6 of them came in within a month, and now she is 13 months old and hasn't gotten anymore since hen.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My son is 10 months and he's got nothing. They'll come in time. They start on average between 6 and 9 months but that doesn't mean you should worry if your baby doesn't get them in that window.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter just turned a year and she didn't get any teeth till she was 10 months and then in the past two weeks shes been cutting 5 teeth. My doctor told me the longer it takes for them to come in the better teeth they are. I use the teething tables and they work really well.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My 11 month old only has two teeth and they only came in last month. She showed no signs of teething and one day i could see two tiny little clear lines on her gum and they seemed to just pop up out of nowhere.
    Dont worry, they'll come in when your baby is ready :)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 9:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter had 1 tooth at 1 year old. It broke the skin at 10.5 months.

Every child is different.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my girl is also 8 months old and she hasn't gotten any to break through yet. I can see them below the surface, though.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 10:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• DD didn't get a single tooth until she was 8 months. It can take up to 12 months and is completely normal.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my son is 11 mos and he has nothing and no signs of teeth...... i've given up!! Nothing to worry about.
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 11:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My son didn't get his fist tooth until he was 8 mo, then the 2nd a week after that. The next set didn't come in for another month or two.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2009