Normal or Not??

So today i am 19 weeks, i had been feeling the little one move and kick when i was like 17 weeks. but now i do not fell im or her. its like ever blue moon i feel something and i think its the baby or could it be gas. i dont know. but i feel really well. i mean no preggo symptoms and i am so worried that something is wrong with my little one. i do go in to the doc on the 8h but that is just for the anatomy scan. am i suppose to feel this way. i mean should i feel good like i am? my tummy does get hard at times and it is getting bigger (but then again i was not the smallest with a flat tummy to begin with) ladies i just need someone to tell me that it is ok and that i am fine. i could call my doc but hes really an ass. he does not have time and just rushes with us every time we go. Thanks so much ladies

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 8:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is normal for you not to feel him/her all the time at this stage in pregnancy. Your baby is still quite small to be feeling every movement. Once you hit around 25-28 weeks you will feel it all the time.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Sounds like you should find a new doc....Especially if you have a question and don't feel comfortable calling him. I would hate to feel rushed in the office especially if you are a first timer!
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i think what you may have felt at 17 weeks might not have been baby yet. it is very hard to tell in the first pregnancy what is baby movement and just other random movements in your belly. i felt mine very early at 18 weeks and the movements were sparatic throughout the day and they are so small that sometimes you might not even notice it.

i also think that if your doctor is an ass you should find a new one. during pregnancy you should feel comforted by your doctor at all times and he should be willing to answer any and all questions with his undivided attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If your doctor is an ass, I would switch doctors too. Sounds like he is there for the money rather than the patient, and that's really sad.

But as far as the movements go, you won't feel kicks every day until about 24-30 weeks. The doctors don't even ask about fetal movements until you hit about 30 weeks. It also will depend on whether this is your first pregnancy, and your body shape before you got pregnant. But before long, you will be feeling him kick all day long!!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ya it really does sound like you should find another doctor. If he is rushing you in and out of there then i would be looking for another. You need someone that's gonna take the time to answer all of your worries and questions and settle your mind with whatever fears or worries you are having. Your child is very small right now and yes it is normal to not feel every little kick and movement by the time your about 25-27 weeks you will feel everything that little one is doing in there. Having a child is supposed to be enjoyable and if your doctor is an ass then find someone new so he doesn't rack this time(most important memory) in your life. GL on everything.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I started feeling my daughter move in my first pregnancy at 15 weeks. Could feel it from the outside at 17 weeks and I was not a "skinny" girl... If you have stopped feeling your baby move you should go to the doctor. They might not believe that you were feeling the baby that early but they can still check you out and make sure baby is ok. They didn't believe me either when i said I had been feeling mine. Until I went in and could tell them that she was kicking the heart monitor while the doctors were hearing it!! You know what is best for you and your child. Regardless of the fact that your doc is a jerk, make an appt, and insist on being seen. That is what they are there for. If you don't have peace of mind you will be stressed which is bad for the baby.... Just go in and get checked out. All you really need is for a nurse to check the heart beat right? No big deal... call them .... Good luck! =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009