• In the Spotlight:

Has anybody ever used the Your baby can Read system?

Just wondering, and please, I dont want to hear crap about how its bad for a baby to watch TV. I dont agree, so please just post yes, and no, if your interested. If you think its stupid, please refrain yourself from saying anything at all. Thanks for the advice.

cloud144

Asked by cloud144 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have heard that it does work. I personally like the baby Einstein DVDs and books. But i have thought about trying the baby can read tapes also.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OH I want to try that so bad!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I found it on ebay, the 5 DVD's and 50 word cards, the dry erase pen. I'm currently bidding, and winning, it will be closed down it 14 hours, i put the max bid as 55, and its on 50. So wish me luck. I really want to try it, and was wondering if anyone here has used it and gotten good results from it?
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Didn't use it. Looked into it but decided to teach phonics instead of sight reading. If you decide phonics is the way for you to go, try the Leap Frog DVD series. "The Letter Factory" and "The Talking Word Factory" are great. My 2 year old knows all of her letters, their sounds, and is starting to sound out small words.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am currently using it and my daughter loves it! She will bring me the pull-out cards so that I can
    hold them up for her and she already understands what some of the cards say. She enjoys the DVD's too. I figure the system can't hurt!
    spring08

Answer by spring08 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i have been wanting to try them bad but how much are they
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I purchased it for my daughter several months ago and it has been a true blessing to her. She reads so much and talks so much more fluent now. And no this is not a sit by the tv for hours kind of thing. This is actually a interactive program for both of you can do together and some for little one alone with your supervision. But I recommend it highly. Truly.
    RITOGIFTS

Answer by RITOGIFTS at 12:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2009