Jon and Kate Plus 8, for now anyway.

Anybody else watch the season 5 opener and feel totally sorry for Jon? I know there will be plenty of women who believe he cheated and that Kate is right. But I believe him when he said he didn't cheat and the episode left me in tears because they used to be a happy family and now Kate has gone Hollywood. Remember when she was a normal frazzled busy mom who didn't worry about her appearance? Well those days are over. She is acting like one of those reality show moms now. Fake and materialistic. And Jon looked like he'd been crying for a week. Anyone else feel this way?

GMR

Asked by GMR at 9:12 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you 100%
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i feel sorry for him, but in a way i don't balme her for being mad. if my dh went out with another woman, even as friends, i'd still be mad about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think I'm finally getting the picture of what kind of person she is becoming. It's sad what money and fam will do to someone. that lets us know that she just really was and is superfical and fake. Im started to feel sorry for Jon wether he cheated on Kate or not.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• That may be, but there is no excuse in my book for cheating (if that is what he did). What's the point of getting married anymore if the vows you take don't mean anything?

I don't really feel bad for either parent, I feel bad for the children that have no choice in the matter.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Thats suppose to say, I'm starting.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• jons never seemed to be happy. imo how he acts on season five is how he's always seemed. MISERABLE. But I'd be miserable too if I had kate treating me like a dog. Now I never felt this way until I saw season five premiere. I know Kate has to be strict- I couldn't imagine being in their shoes itd be real hard, however she should have treated jon like he was her husband, and not her slave or one of children. I think Kate has gotten money hungry and fame crazed and she is the one ruining her marriage. Jon didn't want to do another episode- she should have respected that. But she didn't. Isn't respect for your spouse a HUGE part of a marriage? Respect, trust, sacrifice and love.. There's no respect. The trust has been broken. Kate wasn't willing to sacrifice the show for her husband and marriage. And they better have a whole lot of love for each other to work through this.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i only have caught bits and pieces but from what i have seen kate has changed from the normal tired trying her best mom to how do i look i chipped a nail, while jon looks tired. weather he cheated or not thats a no no but its going around that she to is "seeing" someone (bodygaurged) wether true or not still no no. ur on tv and your kids will see it all. they need to remember that. but kate seems heartless and dosent seem to care anymore. money seems to be #1. and i understand u need money but family is first that is # 1 family. they can provide for the kids they need to know when to quit. and do the best to work as a family..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't feel sorry for EITHER Jon or Kate. I feel sorry for their CHILDREN!!! The CHILDREN didn't ask to live under a microscope. It was Jon and Kate who decided to HAVE all of those children and to "pimp their story" to the media! At ANY time Jon and Kate could have said enough already...our family unit is suffering....we didn't realize the impact this would have on our lives....blah, blah, blah...but nooooooo, they needed the limelight, the money, the feeding of their egos!

I hope they actually SAVED all of their money, because i think (assuming this is not some elaborate ratings stunt--which I wouldn't be surprised if it is!) it's going to be one hell of a messy divorce and custody issue...I can't even begin to imagine what that will do to the children after having to deal with their already fragile "smile for the camera" relationships with their parents?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Kate is crazy like octomom---

lol fuck em both- jon is hott and puts up with lots o shit. He should have kate leave and take that brat Mady with her--lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. When Jon said that they started the show to document the kids lives I was like YES, score one for Jon. Then he said it had become like a job and that he didn't choose that, that it was chosen for him I felt so bad for him. Kate says she needs to keep doing it because it's her job now and they have 8 kids to send to college. Her kids lives on T.V. should not be her job. She has totally sold out.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009