Why do intellectuals . . .?

Have such ire for the men and women of our military? I have read many stories, even just on Cafemom, where professors are discriminitory toward students that have served in the military. Why is this and what do intellectuals value if it is not service and duty to one's country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because it goes against their "have love and compassion for those less fortunate" agenda. Most college professors and professional students who live in academia, are all theory. They are incapable of comprehending that there are groups of people in this world who have wanted to kill people just because of their way of life, beliefs, freedoms, since the DAWN OF TIME!!!

You cannot discuss rational concepts with irrational people. I think BO is s-l-o-w-l-y discovering this as we watch North Korea play a game of "Chicken" with the USA--at least i HOPE so! ::sigh::
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Because its the far left loons who don't believe in the military because they are stupid enough to live in this fantasyland where everything wrong in the world is the fault of the US and if we had no military then no other country woulld either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• AMEN! Girls, you are all so right! God bless you all!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• American college campuses are notoriously Liberal, with 90% of college professors self-identifying as Democrats.

Many are Leftist Liberals Many attended college in the sixties.

I have the misfortune of having to deal with them and they are loons.

Lots of bad stuff for America being espoused at American colleges and universities, paid for with your tax dollars.

Currently, you get the privilege of paying for your sons and daughters to be indoctrinated and if you don't love it, you can eat crap.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm a very far leaning left liberal, consider myself an intellectual, (I never get why people say that word like its a bad thing) who is VERY proud of my soldier husband, very proud of all of our soldiers, AND very active in my military community.

Because someone doesn't support a war, does not mean they don't support the soldiers fighting in it.

The problem is that people go around saying they support our troops but do nothing about it. What have you actively done to support our soldiers?
    moonlitfairy

Answer by moonlitfairy at 9:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I send care packages to soldiers that don't get much mail, if any at all. I also donate to the USO.

When I am using the word intellectuals, I am referring to professors and those in the liberal arts communities and forums.

I would hope that you would understand that I am not generalizing ALL intellectuals. And if indeed you are an intellectual, you are an exception to the rule.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Liberal loons live in the ivory towers of academia. I agree 100% with LoriKeet.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Most intellectuals that are that intolerant and lack compassion are really not that intellectual at all.  I know at my moms college she is a rarity being a Republican Professor.  She is fed up with her working environment and hates how her former military students are treated by other professors and many in the student body.  Some try to hide their military background as if they have done something wrong.  It is very pathetic.  Someone who treats another person who was selfless and went to war that way is not very intellectual and probably needs to retire from teaching.  The anti war crowd is getting more vile and many soldiers are experiencing what our soldiers did after Vietnam.  My brother when he came home from Iraq came home to protesters a few spit on him.  It was disgusting.   It happens all over why it is not reported is no mystery either the media is very liberally skewed.  They are elitist morons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well one thing I do to support a soldier is keep my nephews kids while he is in Iraq. He is a single dad. I also volunteer for fund drive work at our local American legion. This is money that goes to help the families of soldiers and alot of Michigans soldiers have been to Iraq.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Because you don't need to be very smart to be a soldier.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009