Does A Lump in your Breast hurt?

Just curious... A lump in your Breast! Does it Hurt mean anything? Like does Breast Cancer/lump hurt? Does pain mean anything? My Bio mom Died of Breast Cancer at age:46. DH & I are unemployed. Have no insurance, means, savings Etc.. I've had Countless endless Migraines laelty! But want to feel Well for tomorrow. DH's Birthday! Plus+ Life is just overwhelming & hopeless.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:34 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Health

• I've had pain before and got paranoid. I looked stuff up awhile ago online and I remember it saying that breast cancer is usually not associated with pain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If all cancerous lumps hurt and benign didn't, wouldn't that be ideal? Then there would be a lot more people getting detected early and the survival rates would go up. The problem is that not all cancers cause pain, which is why some people just don't know until it's too late. I would have it checked out regardless. you don't mess with your health regardless and since it's in your family history, you are especially susceptible.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 9:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• A lump in your breast means you should have it checked out ASAP! If you are unemployed you would probably qualify for some kind of goverment insurance plan. Call your local health depatment. I know in my county, they offer free mammograms to women with no insurance yearly. And especially because your mom died of breast cancer.
    I've heard in the past though that breast cancer lumps don't hurt. But, still you need to have it checked out. It could be a cyst and not breast cancer.
    Breast cancer is very serious....you should obviously know that! The sooner you get it evaluated and get treatment for whatever it is, the better. So.....go now and make some phone calls. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Can you try to get medicaid to pay for your medical bills scince you have no insurance? I know it sucks when you have no insurance...most doctor offices won't even let you make an appointment without it, and thats just not right. Or what about a free clinic in your area?Maybe you can look one up in the phonebook. Please don't let not having insurance hold you back from getting tested.There are ways and the sooner the better. I had a lump before,and it did hurt, I got it checked, was not cancer, thank God. But you never know.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2009