2 Year old waking up in the middle of the night..constantly

Does anyone else have this problem, or have you had this problem? My daughter has been waking up between 2-4 a.m. for the past 3 weeks and wanting me to sit in her room until she falls back asleep. Sometimes she will fall back asleep within 5 mins and other times I am in there for over an hour. Either way I am exhausted, and completely frustrated. I go through the same thing with her at bedtime. She never used to be like this. I used to be able to lay her down and she would go to sleep and sleep all the way through without any interruptions. I have tried every method imaginable, and I am at a loss. I took her ninny (aka paci/binkie) away about 3 weeks ago, but she is over it. Also, let me add that she hasn't been napping since I took the ninny away, b/c she refuses to lay down without me being in the room. I just don't know what to do, or if this will end. Did anyone go throught this? Does it end? Any suggestions??

mom2pres

Asked by mom2pres at 9:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son did the same thing. I bought him a dream catcher belive it or not and it works. It may very well work for you as well. If not, try sitting closer and closer to the door each time after you come in to her. Tuck her in rub her back and sit in ur chair until you are further and further until eventually you come in cover her up rub her and walk out.

I am on the fence about small babies crying it out...if above doesnt work for the two of you---you GOTTA let her cry it out... my son did this same thing, and it became normal to him for me to come in each night...like a schedule...dont let her turn this into that. The longer it goes on the harder it will be on you.
    Just be consistant in whatever it is you do to reform this.

any questions write to me...i am young but am a pro at putting my kid to bed. he is 16 months.
    ethankaschsmom

Answer by ethankaschsmom at 10:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i went through the same thing with my son at that age. what i did for a while was put him to sleep and stayed there with him until he felt safe...but after a while i got tired of doing it so i introduced him to a soft blanket and let him no everything was alright even when i wasnt there. he took to it and when it started again i introduced him to a teddy bear, just something soft to comfort him. i dont know if you already tired that but thats what worked for me.
    christina7389

Answer by christina7389 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my daughter is 2 she is also doing this i have alot of people say that at age 2 there kids did this and it stoped at about 6 months to a yr after they started doing it
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009