What's the easiest way to grow out my bangs?

I've always had bangs and I'm really wanting to grow them out, but everytime they grow past my eye brows I want to cut them....anyone have a good suggestion?

Samie8183

Asked by Samie8183 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Patience, patience, patience! And a good headband or strong hold hairspray to keep them swept to the side while you wait for them to grow out.
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 12:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Avoid the "Hair Cutting Demon!" LOL I got my bangs to the top of my boobs, and the rest of my hair is at the bottom of my back. Just don't cut! Don't trim, either! No No No No NO! Never listen to them about trimming when it comes to bangs, because it is so easy to get carried away.
    wrecmom

Answer by wrecmom at 12:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I saw on a show where they took the bangs and twisted them back or to the side and used a bobby pin to secure them. This not only looks sylish,it gets them out of your eyes while they grow out.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 5:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

karrey

• I think you should try a "side sweep" like someone else suggested. Just be patient :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You can try to part your hair sideways or even put on a barrette to pull it back and it ususally takes about a month to actually put them behind your ears. It worked for me, hope it does for you.
    browncoco21

Answer by browncoco21 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Massage them extra long when you wash your hair. It's said that the more you massage your scalp (plus eat right and all that) the faster your hair grows. In the meantime, do the clippy Gwen Stefani look...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Headbands!!! Bobby pins, but gf bangs are totally in, and they look good on you! Just wear them to the side.
    ProudMammaBear

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• The last time I let my bangs grow out I had the stylist layer them around the sides of my face as they grew. Each time she would just make the fringe along the sides a little longer, only trimming it up to keep it neat. I never had that "growing out the bangs" look! Wish I could explain it better or had a picture or something...
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I am growing my hair out and have been using Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins. They totally work! My hair has grown a ton. Also treat your hair with protein treatments once in a while so you don't have to get regular trims as often.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008