Going back to school?

I'm thinking about going back and getting my nursing degree. I had gone and applied for various waitressing jobs, but seriously how much would that actually help pay bills. You're dependent on the generosity of others and in today's economy they may not be that generous. I think a nursing degree would be a better investment in our family's future. How many moms have gone back to school and gotten a degree in some field? How have you managed being with your family @ the same time as your husband? How did you keep up with the house? And find time to study? I think I will try to find a job as a nurse's aid at the local nursing home, if I can't get into a nursing program- I don't know if the summer schedule has begun at the local college.

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 9:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am starting school in the fall. Let me tell ya ive been out of school for 12 yrs and it was hard to go back. I am working at a nursing home now and if you find a good one they will actually pay you to go to school after youve been there so long. As for finding the time, I will just have to do my studying after kids are in bed and im taking most of my prereqs online so that will help. Good for you for wanting to continue it will be worth it in the end i guarantee it.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 10:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've been out of school for 9yrs. How do you take prereqs online? I would have to qualify for financial aid to start if I didn't find a job that would pay for me to continue school. I'm actually starting to get a little excited about the prospect of going back to school.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 10:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2009