• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone gotten terrible....

...diarreha during the first trimester? I am 9 weeks right now and I've had it for over a week straight every day no matter what I eat. Every morning especially I have to get up and run to the toilet, once sometimes 2 times and then again at work. I have my OB oppointment tomorrow and I really don't know if this is "normal" or whats going on here. Friends are saying be glad its that way and not puking all day long, but either way its still uncomfortable and is just as draining on my body. Has ANYONE had this happen?????

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes- you MUST drink more water. It is easy to get dehydrated- so instead of drinking anything else- drink water. Go and get one of those larger reusable water bottles and fill it up! After a day of nothing but water all day long- you will feel much better :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yeppp this was my first sign of pregnancy and didn't realize it..it lasted a good 2-3 weeks for me. =\
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i had it too. everyone told me i would get constipated and i was the exact opposite, but like anon said lots of water. that cant be stressed enough.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I know all about the water (thats all I do is drink water!!!). I burp ALL DAY long at work. I gave up coffee a while ago and its just horrible. I barely drink anything else except water, and I have a VERY limited appetite. I hope it stops soon. Did it stop for you when the second trimester started??? God I hope so.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yeah, this should only last for a couple of weeks. That's good you're drinking lots of water. I know you can't keep really anything down, that you've been really sick. You have your dr appointment tommorrow, be sure to mention everything going on. It's something they can look into more if it's a cause for concern. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009