any ideas?

my son 's birthday coming up he is 11 yrs old his friends didn't have a birthday .for their birthday. He doesn't know if he should have one or not we were wondering if my son is too old for birthday.If so what do I do let him celebrate it the way he wants to.?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 10:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• He's too old for a party. Maybe let him invite some friends over to play video games or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We're doing a small party for my 11 year old daughter at the lake in our community ... just 5 friends, no games, no party favors, etc. just a day at the beach. Our neighbor (11 year old boy) recently had his b-day & they just had a small group (again, like 5 friends) go to the Japanese Steak house for dinner, where they cook on the table - they had a blast. I think just the get-together is the main thing.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 10:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• When my son was that age (he's 13 now), he didn't want a big party with decorations and all that. But he did still want a party. just with close friends and family and cake and pizza and a sleepover. But it's whatever your son wants. Maybe he does want a big party. I would ask him and see. My mom still to this day makes a cake and puts up decorations for me and my 5 sibs and we are ages 43,38,36,30,26,23!!! What ever floats your boat is what I say. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• He's probably at an age where he is afraid his buds will think a bday party is corny. Throw him one anyway. Break out the video games and junkfood. Just don't hire a clown, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You are never too old for a birthday party!!! Like kimberlyinberea said, just bust out the video games and some pizza and sodas and celebrate.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree, never too old, as long as he wants to. If you can afford it, you could go to a movie and then for some food, or go karting, or mini golf. If you can go to a pool, do so. Maybe even taking a few friends to an amusement park. Less expesive ideas might be to have a movie night - try to get a projector and project the movie on a white sheet hung up on the wall, or even just pizza and having a few friends sleep over can be fun.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 12:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No joke you are never too old for a birthday party. Especially if you're a child of mine!! Celebrating their life is always special. This year for my sons 11th we went to Wrestlemania which was all he cared about doing. My DD is turning 14 in July and she hasn't decided what she wants to do yet and no it won't be the same big style all out PAR-TAY like when she was little, I will still make her a cake and let her have a sleep over or small gathering, but if she wants a party I won't tell her she's too old.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't think 11 is to old 4 a party. suggest u can have a bowling party or a camp out is always fun!
    Anonymous

• You're NEVER too old to party!!

He doesn't need balloons and goodie bags with clowns.. Let him do fun guy things with 3 or 4 of his friends: Find a Paintball place, or a theme park, or a baseball game, movies and pizza, etc
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 6:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• we are having the same issue with my sons upcoming birthday, he will be 10. we asked him and he said maybe him and a friend can go out to a dinner and show of their choice or on a trip of his choice. ( within reason of course) good luck!
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009