Well since my hubby is not romantic at all.. I guess I'll have to be the romantic one. Any ideas for a romantic dinner night?

I want to make something. Since I love cooking. I could use all the tips possible as to make it as romantic as possible too. :)

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• One night, I made fillet mignon (I bought it in bulk and it ended up being really cheap) and grilled shrimp for New Year's Eve. We didn't have reservations for anywhere and finding a place to hang in NYC was pointless! So we stayed home with wine and a nice meal.

Pasta is always romantic! My DF is Italian, so anything pasta is good enough for him.

What's his favorite dish? There are tons of recipes to make 'dressed up'/deconstructed versions of your favorite dishes. I go to Martha Stewart's website, Food Network's website, or Chefs.com for ideas.

ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 1:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My DH loves steak, I'd probably get some nice steaks, baked potato and asparagus, open a bottle of red wine and put the kids to bed =)

I think any meal can be romantic, its the mood that makes it that way.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Can't go wrong with steak! Add twice baked potatoes, a tossed salad, and chocolate lava cakes topped with raspberries, and a nice wine.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• agree with above. Put on a table cloth and light some candles, dim the lights. You could eat in something silky and sexy if the kids arent there.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009