had my cards read

any phsycics(sp)i was talking about my daughter and the person doing the reading said that my daughter is a ..............??????she can feel other peoples feelings.if another person is feeling bad she will feel this also.i had her phyc evaluated last year and the dr said that she was picking up on my feelings.this was a long french word(she is fine by the way)but she is also picking up on other peoples emotions.i found this very interesting that 2 people would confirm this.any ideas????

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i am looking for the word that the spiritualist said not the dr....
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Empath?
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 10:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yes empath may be it.....i am going to look it up on the computer...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't understand did what did the doctor say about your daughter? What problems are you having with your daughter?
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• The psychic probably said empath. When someone is an empath psychic they pick up on the feelings of others. This can cause a multitude of issues for the empath (especially when you don't know what is going on) . It can cause physical symptoms such as headaches, pain, it can cause mood swings, etc. Here's a good site for some extra info. http://www.freewebs.com/theempath/
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 11:45 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It comes from the word empathy, the ability to feel what others are feeling. I am an empath and you have to be careful sometimes. She has the ability to know what others are feeling and therefore she knows what to do the help ease peoples hearts but sometimes we forget about our own. We pick up on so much on people around us that we tune out our own needs. I am still a work in progress.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• She has to develope a sheild of some sort otherwise she will have to stay away from people going through a lot of difficulty. I especially pick up on the well being of those I am close to. I can't say enough about meditation. Always seek the root of her balance whether it is through chakra meditation or just plain meditation. If she is a Christian, then she can balance herself through prayer. Empaths are not specific to one or even any religion.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am also an empath. I am learning how to control and strengthen my abilities myself. Like pnwmom said - you have to be very careful sometimes. I hate walking into a crowded room or a nightclub because you get about 10,000 emotions slapping you in the face at once. You don't know weather to laugh, cry, or punch someone in the nose. I have learned a technique where you simply visualize a wall around yourself with a golden doorway. The only emotions that are allowed through that golden doorway are the ones you welcome into it. It will take some time, but she can learn to hone into her ability and control it.

Also, like pnwmom said, it is not specific to any religion. pnwmom, for example, is pagan, whereas I am Christian. I welcome my gift as a gift from God, and I use a lot of prayer and meditation.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am a strong empath.
    if you want more knowledge on this feel free to message me
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• it is a gift and a curse....trust me. ......ive been down the road of overcontrolling, and the road of not controlling it enough
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009