If a restaurant worker has a horrible cold, would YOU want him making YOUR food?

My fiance is being a dumbass right now. I've told him that it's not sanitary for him to go to work as sick as he is, but he won't listen >:(

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is disgusting. If I saw someone with a horrible cold handing my food, I would call the health department on them right there on the spot. That is gross. That is a good way to get other people seriously ill. yeah I agree with you dumbass.....
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• NO! My husband has worked off and on in the restaurant industry and always calls in when he is sick! It's hurt us for money at times, but people don't want sick people making or serving them their food!

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• heck no! that's soooo unsanitary! yuck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 11:11 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• eew no way gross..tell your dh to stay home:)
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• THANK YOU! I worked in a restaurant for a year, and I know what goes on behind the scenes. I never went to work when I had a horrible cold, it was gross, and I know I wouldn't want to eat something that a sick person made...especially if I didn't know them. His excuse is "Oh but we need the money." *sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:15 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yuck no!!! where does he work? so i know to stay far away for the next few days lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Outback Steakhouse =] He works the sautee grill, he makes the pasta and fish and chicken entrees. Yummayyyy (but not right now, haha).
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'd go if I were him or if it was my husband then let the manager make the decision. People do it all the time. People need money. We go intown and are around sick people all the time. Were around germs all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my dh is a chef and they expect him there no matter what I guess if he is too sick they will send him home yes I think it is gross
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Gross, kindly tell him we all request he keep his funk at home thanks!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009