5 year old needs dental help

i am looking for anyone out there that might know how i can get some kind of help with my 5 year old daughters teethe to be fixed, she has some work to be done and the dentists up here dont have the stuff to do to nit all in one day, i took her to one here in town and he thinks she would be better off down in duluth where they would put her under and get the job job all at once, well, we took her down for an exam and the cost would be 8,000 dollars which we cannot afford, daddy has good insurance but not for dental , i even went to the county for help and being that we both are hard working/honest people we cant get any help,. it upsets me because there are so many on welfare and get everything handed down to them that are capable of working, and here i am trying to figure something out for her, if anyone knows of anything out there, please let me know, thankyou,sincerly lisa in minnesota

momupnorth

Asked by momupnorth at 11:13 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You can try to find a dental school. Good luck to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Try and find a dental clinic. Or like rkoloms said, a dental school. Or find a dentist who will work with you on payments.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Try calling some of these places... you would have to make a trip to the twin cities though...

http://www.cdf-mn.org/HealthCare/dental.htm

It looks like the U of M school of dentistry gives a 25-40% discount if you allow a student to treat your child (they would be supervised I'm sure and it would be fine)... they they gave you the same quote that would be $4800- $6000... still a bunch, but maybe they would have payment plans as well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I know what you are going through. My girl is 4, She went to daycare for about 3 mos,and got Coszachings (sp) She had a rash all around her mouth and blisters on the inside. It was a nightmare doc visit almost every week,three different antibotics, and mouthrises.It took her 3 to 4 mos to get better. But she won't or couldn't brush her teeth it hurt to much. Now although she brushes good the damage has done been done. When people ask me about it I feel like they are looking at me as a bad mama.
    mcperez

Answer by mcperez at 5:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't have dental coverage at all. But there is help cit's called - Care Credit- it's a credit card just for dental work! They gave me a line of $5000.00 credit, you could probably get more.
    Go to the website www.carecredit.com and once you get your credit card call your local dentist to find out which ones except it. I've found that quite a few dentist to take it! Good luck
    H3Mom06

Answer by H3Mom06 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You are assuming that dental is covered good from medicaid. It is not. I am on medicaid and I pay for most of the dental for my son and I out of pocket! There is 1 dentist that accepts dental from medicaid in my city and it takes 3-18 months to get an appointment. I am also an honest, hardworking mother too. As a matter of fact, I have to come up with $3000-5000 so my son can have braces. Not everything is perfect in anyone's life but I will do whatever I need so my son gets the dental and medical that he deserves. Ask the dentist about payment plans, most offer those. And please, don't bad mouth or assume people on medicaid aren't honest and hardworking like you and your husband. You would be wrong more times than not.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can check out my website at www.mybenefitsplus.com/sandywright. Ameriplan has an affordable dental plan that can help you SAVE a lot of money on your dental care. Let me know if you have any questions.
    smswright

Answer by smswright at 5:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009