What do you do when your in laws come over?

For some reason everytime my mother in law comes over she tryes to clean my house.. I know she probably wants to help but it makes me feel so uncomfortable, like my house is always dirty ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I JUST HIDE LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Don't hate me - my inlaws DON'T come over :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My inlaws come over and fall asleep on the couch. It's so aggravating! This isn't the Holiday Inn!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My in-laws only come over to drop off the kids after babysitting, etc. But get this - once when I was pregnant, shortly after getting with my hubby, his mother told me that it was nice to see him relax about his house a little bit because he was always so anal about it being clean.
    Nice, huh?
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• *Sigh* my FIL lives with us, it's like having another child, a toddler, even. I wish for a completely different place to live every moment until he goes to work.

My MIL lives 3,000 miles away, thank goodness... She came to visit with her 'new' man-friend, and my DF wanted to crawl under a rock. He can't stand his own mother, what does that tell you?

On the flip side, my mom is so nice to us. She lives next door and last year when my DF had a birthday, we came to visit (we were living where our MIL lives at the time) MY mom made my DF a birthday cake and got him a card. HIS mom didn't do JACK for her own and only son! My DF and my stepdad are best friends! Go figure...
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Debbie062008: LMAO, that reminds me of the mom from Everybody Loves Raymond... Sometimes, MIL's have very little tact, lol!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my MOTHER does that, my mother in law would never do that. anywya i have yet to stop my mother from doing this, it annoys the shit out of me
    2barnettkids

Answer by 2barnettkids at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They usually just come over to see the kids, so I just let them and the kids play.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I adore my in-laws, if they needed to live with us I wouldn't mind at all. I always feared in-laws, but I love mine so much! They live about 5 minutes away from us right now, and they are always happy to babysit for me while I do homework for my college classes.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 11:59 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Mine never come over. I wish they would, but we live too far out of their way (2 1/2 hours north) so they never come. If we want to visit with them, then we have to travel down to see them. It's so hard, though, because with my 4 month old granddaughter we are now a family of 6 and only 5 of us can fit in the car. I tell my husband to take the girls and go - they are HIS family, after all, but he believes that his wife should be by his side so he won't do it.
    If we ever have enough money, we'll rent a large enough vehicle for all of us to fit in and go on down there.
    I just don't understand why they won't travel up to us - even on holidays and birthdays.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009