what do you think?

does anyone else think people should have to take a drug test to recieve welfare? most people have to take drug tests to earn the money in the first place why shouldnt they take one to recieve it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that wouldn't hurt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• hey i agree with that...
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i agree
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yep! It would make it a lot easier for people like ME, who don't abuse the system. I've never done drugs and I have no desire to ever do them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i agree 100%
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Eh, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm not all that concerned with what other people do with their lives, even if I am technically paying for it.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes, I do believe random drug tests should be enforced, but I'm concerned for the children of the parent who fails the drug test and loses the welfare benefits.
    There has to be a back-up system in place so the innocent children don't suffer.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• YES! I know too many drugys on welfare and I can;t even get food stamps to help out. The sytem is messed up! I would do monthly drug testing if only I could get a LITTE help to make life a bit better for us.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Never heard of that, but I love the idea.
    Dorris1203

Answer by Dorris1203 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If this were feasible I would agree. Back in the 80's I was on medicare for awhile. Even then I would have agreed with this policy. If you receive welfare and have nothing to hide I don't see where you would have a problem with this idea. I also think at least half of the welfare recipients would be removed due to all the pot smoking going on. Instead of self righteous people telling food stamp recipients what to buy I think we should be demanding drug testing instead.

Anonymous