• In the Spotlight:

has anyone else ever threw something out of rage?

I havent in a long time. But yesterday morning i got in a fight with my love, & I threw the remote control in a fit of rage. I then texted him about 6 times in an emotional rampage.

The fight started when he got mad at me for not waking up to go to the gym. I said, I'm taking the day off i have 7 days ahead of me to go. I want to sleep until 7 this morning. Don't i have that right? I thought i did. But i guess not. He kept yelling at me to get up. I eventually called him a A-hole. Not to hurt his feelings, or to be a bitch, just to let him know that he was being a big one. I was not sure if he noticed. So then he told me he didn't care about me anymore (we never fight, first time he said anything like this) i flipped. I kicked over a cup of water, but it did not have enough water in it for a satisfying burst of anger. The remote was the closest, so it hit the wall & smashed into 1,000 pieces. Havent spoken since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• wow.. i throw cell phones.. and then i'm like SH*T i just threw the phone lol.. i try to contain myself.. but its so hard when they are a-hole like that.. good luck with your relatinoship..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• hell ya. things ive kicked/thrown;
    -vase
    -plate
    -bag of milk
    -coffee table
    -change dish
    -countless drinks
    and theres probably more. The last one was when i was pregnant though, so like 6 months ago.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• a pot of beans..he say not even Milli our dog will eat my nasty beans.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I did alot the first time I was married but came to the ideal that wasn't getting my point across cause I was the one that ended up cleaning it up all the time. After throwing our whole dinner in the floor ( While he just walked out ) But most of the time I ended up having to replace what ever it was I threw cause I usaully broke it . So I changed and would write a Long letter and that way I would get it out and he could read it or throw it away .. but felt better Plus this way he knew what I was feeling and I didn't have to listern to him while I was making my point. Hope things get better
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 11:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Glad to know I'm not the only one. He actually went & replaced our remote, i knew he would eventually because he is a couch potato. I don't get mad very often, it's rare that i get THAT pissed. But once i am, i get SO mad that i think i could easily win a fist fight with anybody who crosses my path. It just felt right to break something. I hope i don't get used to this throwing stuff. I think me being horny 24/7 & not getting any, makes my anger that much more passionate aswell. Ya know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• you might want to get an appt and see if you have a personality disorder that causes those rages. Those can be dangerous and will get worse in time if you don't work on controlling the triggers that cause them. It gets crazy when you throw something and your child walks past and gets hit in the head with a flying object. Get it under control. It will only get worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OP here:

HAHA, I would never have done that in front of my child. In fact, we never even argue in front of our child. She happens to be at Disney right now with friends. I don't have personality disorder. I'm old enough to know my brain & how i function. To hear the love of your life tell you that he does not care anymore, it a painfuul experience. It has nothing to do personality disorder. Getting pissed off & hurt over that is actually normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have thrown a hair brush and a remote. But we didn't have kids yet. I would not do that now. So to all you throwers out there. Please don't do it in front of the kids. My mom was violent when we were growing up, she threw whatever she could, including furniture and it was miserable for us kids when this was going on. So stop throwing if you are doing it with kids around. If no kids, go ahead.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have...the worst thing I threw at my husband when we were dating was a knife! I know it's bad, but I'll stick to my original story...i wasn't aming at his feet...I swear! LOL

I've also thrown a remote and his cell phone to the wall. It takes alot for me to loose my cool, so if i've only thrown 3 items in the past 11 years..I think I am okay..funny.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think that throwing stuff is normal. However, if you're throwing at someone, that's getting a little dangerous. So many accidents can happen when someone is just a little irrated with their SO. I wouldn't get in a habit no matter how mad you are. It's not the right way to resolve something.
    If you feel the need to throw something, throw it somewhere else, not by your spouse or at them. I would talk to someone if it becomes a habit! good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009