• In the Spotlight:

When is it too soon to know when you love someone????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I knew I loved my SO after he spent the first 4 days that we got together in the hospital! I was having a really bad time of it&he sort of saved me! We both told eachother we were in love round the same time but I'm pretty sure I loved him first,lol!!!

mummy24

Answer by mummy24 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i knew i loved my ex the day i layed eyes on him, just like my girls.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was the same way. I started dating my husband Nov 1st, he asked me to marry him Jan 26th and we got married May 26th... you just know
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• loves lasts so time is the key on that one. Infatuation wears off about 2+ months into it where nothing is fun anymore, you get bored with each other, it just doesn't work anymore. It can be functional but not love for years. Love is confused with so many other things such as control (if he is jealous and a woman thinks it's because he loves her...no it's bc he wants to control her which can lead to the confusion of obsession being thought of as love. It's all confusing but like I said, time will tell. Just go slow and enjoy it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I had a dream about him (we were just friends @ this point, not even a hint of ramance was happening) In my dream, i had his face cupped in my hands & i said to him "I trust you". I told him about the dream the next day, & he says thats when he fell in love. I was not in love YET, i just thought the dream was odd. I fell in love when he grabbed his guitar & FORCED me to sing a grateful dead song with him. Then he proceeded to tell me how great my voice was. That was when i fell in love. the rest of our courtship was all downhill. We fit like a jigsaw puzzle. I stll think about him ALL day long. I think about making love to him, & how sweet he is when he laughs at my gooffyness. You just know, & usually it is sooner than later. So, no. I don't think there IS a "too soon".
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I fell in love with my SO about a week after we met && so did he. He said, "I think I'm falling for you," in a text message. I asked him what he meant && he said, "I'm in love with you." I almost fell off my bed, b/c I was feelin it but I wasn't about to say it that early lol. but when he said it, so did I. && now we've been together for almost 9 mos. && it's true, you just know.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• its not.... as long as you know what love is. i fell in love with my fiance and my sons father the day i layed my eyes on him... he will admit he didnt even notice me!! 2 years later he was single and so was I- a month into our dating he admitted he was in love with me as well. <3
    ethankaschsmom

Answer by ethankaschsmom at 12:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I believe in love at first sight. My DH saw me from across the room and told his friends he had to marry me. Well the doofy was right. I believe your heart knows, but you still have to be smart and reasonable. I am happy for you!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• the first 3 times i seen my now hubby..i didnt give him the time of day..i thought he was sexy...i noticed him hehe. but i didnt say two words. the next time we were at a club together and i seen him and went HEY arent you in the army too! your in my unit right?
    hour later we were dancing together...2 hours later he kissed me against the pillar in the club and i almost fell over it was soooooooooooooo freaking good. i was like omg.....within a few weeks i told a friend i wanted to marry hiim...years later we are happily married with a kid.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Before you know they exist.

It is possible... although it may take a lot of training and personal awareness and understanding... to love all of the world, even the bad parts. There is no lead-time for that, it can happen instantaneously.

Just as love can. And does.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009