My little boy blows razberries the WHOLE time i am feeding him...He thinks it is funny and when he is done we are both covered in baby food!!! any suggestions???

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lol, my little girl does that sometimes when I am feeding her baby food! I just wait until she gets all the raspberry blowing out of her system before giving her another bite. But nonetheless she will occasionally still blow baby food all over the place. I haven't figured out a solution. I just work with her and sit patiently til she takes a breath. :-)

srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:47 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Take a shower AFTER you feed him. My dd does the same thing. Just have fun!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Feed baby nekkid and bathe after. Try smaller bites and try saying No to the raspberries, don't get too frustrated, but try not to laugh either. It sounds so cute, but I know that would be really frustrating! :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Pull a trash bag over you and take his clothes off when you feed him. This is a phase he is going through. He loves the sound he makes when he does raspberries. It's normal. He will get over it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Don't react very much, a calm no. And wait until he stops to continue feeding him. Also, if you mix the baby food with cereal, make it a bit thicker so he can't blow it out so easy.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• take pictures..they are only little once...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• LOL my son does that to me all the time! it's hilarious and he often giggles at the sound! i know it can end up being yucky and messy, but nothing you cant clean up in a matter of minutes! i laugh when my son does it and it hasnt created a bad habit, he's just playing and having fun!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You are all a lot nicer than me....lol! -- When I have a baby that constantly spits out his food, he is done. We will try again in 15 min, and sooner or later, he gets the idea.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yea it is cute and hard not to laugh but after so many times of feeding him and so many razzberries its like errrr....and i have takin pictures i was just curious if there was any little tricks
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter did this too. I loved it and thought it ws soooo cute, but she needed to eat too. So I would give her a bite and if she started to raz then I would put my two fingers over her mouth and calmly say "no razberries while we are eating" Believe it or not she caught on in like 4 or 5 feedings! I still let her do it as long as she dosent have food in her mouth....now she onto blowing bubbles in cups with a straw! LOL :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009