• In the Spotlight:

Fussy 3.5 mnth old

My 3.5 mnth little girl has been very fussy here lately, could that be associated with teething, she has never been this fussy. I know she is teething cause she is constantly knawing on everything especially her hands. Does anyone have any advice?

EllasMom09

Asked by EllasMom09 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use the baby orajel and give her cool (not frozen) teething rings. If seems really uncomfortable, you can give her baby tylenol for the pain, but ask your pediatrician.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• try teething tablets too... it's hit and miss on what will work for any particular baby. My daughter got her first 2 at the same age and what's great is that you can stick you finger in there and massage them a bit and get the orajel on and get the teething tablets in.

When my son was teething, he teethed later and had the motor skills to not let me in his mouth.

Good luck!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• 3.5 months is kinda young for teething. At that age she is finding out that her fingers and hands can go int her mouth. I wouldnt worry about that. But this could be a cue on a growth spurt...have you tried feeding her more? When babies go through growth spurts they tend to eat way more than normal. Before you try any meds for teething, see if she might just be extra hungry. You may also see if she has any signs of being gassy...like fussing shortly after eating and having a hard round belly.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree with pp, that she is in the stage of discovering her hands. She is more than likely too young for it to be teething.
    Babies this age are constantly changing. Maybe she needs more sleep, not as much sleep, more at feedings, more difficulty burping, changes in bowel movements, LOTS of things. Just try your hardest to read the signs she is giving you. If you keep calm, you will figure it out =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009