Do you blame this economy on Californians?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• why would you? based on what, exactly?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:49 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• lolwut?

Why would I?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:51 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I dont blame the economy on Californians. I blame it on stupid people. The housing crisis in specific. If people would live within their means and not spend $100k more on a house than they could afford EVEN if the bank said they could, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in with houses. California sure seems to have a LOT of those stupid people though....
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 11:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I blame California's economy on Californians and their politicians. But not the nations current economic state.  Both sides put the state in the sh*tter and we, the Ferderal Taxpayers mayhave to spend our money to bail them out. Just think how those states (ie; Texas, Alaska, Louisiana...) who are showing more fiscal responsibility must feel about bailing out a state like CA.... CA's Govt is pathetic. CA's social reform and sanctuary spending is outrageous.  They are an example of what this nation COULD be; if we let social fundingtake over. jmo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• so Californians are the only ones bad with money??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• lol, why yes, it makes sense to blame the global economic crises on a small portion of the American population, now doesn't it? Wait, not really.

Jersey's broke, too, you know!

In a lot of ways, I feel like America is just edging through it's teenage years. Spending with no logic and no mind for a rainy day. I was very much like that around 19-22- If I had a tad bit of the money I spent on clothes alone (sigh). I wish we had a more mature president, that would wisely stall spending and start tucking away for the future, but instead, he tried to pay away debt by racking up more debt. It's really immature.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• California is hurting because of its social policies. The main one is immigration. They have so many welfare programs that give money to illegals. They also are very liberal minded so they tend to support programs to save a fish, or some kind of bug. This is true, my nephew and family live there and you would not believe what they do with our taxpayer money.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• California is hurting because of it's wonderful Govenor (mediocre actors should never get into politics) and it's legislators.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Anon, next time you set down to a meal think of California, next time you use your computer remember where the technology for that computer was developed.

The national economy is way to complex to blame on one state or even on one country or president. If anyone is to blame it is the banking and mortgage industry. However, blame will not accomplish anything.

BLAME IS A DEAD END STREET.  

Anonymous

• by: grlygrlz2 I blame California's economy on Californians and their politicians.

X2
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009